News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's alcohol too, but not that useful to you just yet. Only 10 drinks and you get your money's worth, sort of. Plus after 10 drinks that show might be a bit of a different experience than usual.
DHS and Epcot both have that as well.

I don't use dining plans, and I'm stoked about this for my very last minute, booking right now, first time with the kids, trip next month! (Not that I'm excited!) But it seems like a great value for what you get and I'm guessing that a theme park lunch, even at Tiffin's will be fine to wear sundresses for me and the little girl and khaki shorts and a button down for the guys? That's what we'll be in anyway, and I think it'll be fine.

Honestly, with 2 small kids, that's more food than we can eat and we can have a nice lunch for $70 plus some drinks? Sounds excellent to me!

That will be more than nice enough for eating at Tiffins - plenty of people in t-shirts and just "regular* park wear

Enjoy your trip!

Wha...?!?!? We recently booked the RoL dining package at Tiffin's for DD's birthday and that is $67/adult $26/child for a 3 COURSE MEAL at a Signature Dining restaurant + reserved seating for RoL, wow is this out of whack!

wow, I didn't even think to compare it to the dining package - that makes it look even worse!

Those better be some darn good desserts!

I've been disappointed with a number of MSIs special exhibits, so I'm not inclined to drop the money to see this one, but if reviews are positive enough...
I went to this when it was in Philly. It had some neat things, but felt like it wasn't really all that large of an exhibit.

Wha...?!?!? We recently booked the RoL dining package at Tiffin's for DD's birthday and that is $67/adult $26/child for a 3 COURSE MEAL at a Signature Dining restaurant + reserved seating for RoL, wow is this out of whack!
I assume the portions will be smaller for the app/entree or entree/dessert lunch package. No way Disney would charge only $35 when the appetizers alone are $12-ish and entrees are upwards of $50. I just could not believe it.

That will be more than nice enough for eating at Tiffins - plenty of people in t-shirts and just "regular* park wear

Enjoy your trip!

So good to hear that we don't need to do anything unusual:)

Any other news of new things happening before the 3rd week of August?

Honestly I prefer Yak and Yeti over Tiffins but that might be only because my wife loves the Coconut Curry, to the point she called them and they gave her the recipe and now makes it at home when she has a craving

So good to hear that we don't need to do anything unusual:)

Any other news of new things happening before the 3rd week of August?

Not sure of many other new things specifically for then

Not sure if you follow Wine Bar George (the new wine bar at Disney springs) on Facebook or anything but they seem to announce events (wine pairings, specials, etc.) on there and they have them on many weekends

I'll actually be there the last week in August so been focusing on the start of Food and Wine and stuff like that

Yeah that’s the only party I’ve done so far and I’d do it again.

I agree - though part of the value I see in that one is the view you get of the projections vs how long you would have to wait to get a similar view. Same with the MK dessert party for HAE

I don't see a specific view/seating being that critical for Rivers of Light

We did the Tusker House RoL package. It was great, seating worked out wonderful (and could walk-in last minute). Dinner was wonderful.

Can’t see spending more for a desert party if I could do Tusker, Tiffins, etc. for less $

I never use the DP because mathematically it hasn't worked out better than my TiW, but I imagine this is just replacing the current lunch special and that Tiffins would still be keeping the full menu for lunch.

I hope that's all it is. I have a ROL package at Tiffins booked for December and I'd be annoyed to not be able to order off the full menu (ROL is at 6:15, so the only meal time you can get is lunch). I've been looking forward to the charcuterie board and Wagyu beef for months!

Yeah that’s the only party I’ve done so far and I’d do it again.
Plus you get a Captain Phasma mug (last I checked) It's what clinched the deal for me for my first dessert party in Sept. The new seating at the party is a bonus too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter