• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The music is pretty cool - you go around the maps and in certain places they have little music symbols and if you click on it, it opens a play list appropriate to that area. So the one by Star Tours brings up a Star Wars music playlist, for example. If you do the one near the entrance to the park it is sort of a medley of songs for that park

Where are you seeing the music symbols? I have an Android and all I see are the trivia and attraction game icons.

I was telling my mom about toy story land and how the biggest issue seems to be cover. And she said oh just like Epcot back when it opened and there was no cover and no benches. Apparently Disney still hasn’t caught on....

Got the Disney Parks App this morning as well. I was able to explorer some of it, and I really like it so far! I was able to do some of the trivia. I found it funny how the "Disney's Hollywood Studios Trivia" turned into being just a Star Wars movie trivia LOL.

I can't wait to check out more of the app next week, but I'm afraid it's going to drain my phone battery more than I will like it to.

I have been playing around with it a bit - took some screen shots if anyone is interested in what i have been able to explore. The Trivia is a bit odd - I did the one in Magic Kingdom and 1/2 the questions were about the water parks :confused3

Found that you can do the Tree of Life game from anywhere (it's not location dependent) - and I like things like this that encourage you to wander the actual park and explore more. The music loops are cool - I like that each park also has a "road trip" play list and includes things like the theme from Phineas and Ferb. Also that the Future World playlist includes the Kitchen Kabaret songs. Also found some animated Porgs in DHS and an animated Agent P for the Agent P game (which can be played via the app as well, which is neat)

Play Disney Parks App Summary_larger.jpg

I can't even get to Epcot or Animal Kingdom. It just says Coming Soon! Android users are shafted again....

I did find the Porgs though.

I have been playing around with it a bit - took some screen shots if anyone is interested in what i have been able to explore. The Trivia is a bit odd - I did the one in Magic Kingdom and 1/2 the questions were about the water parks :confused3

Found that you can do the Tree of Life game from anywhere (it's not location dependent) - and I like things like this that encourage you to wander the actual park and explore more. The music loops are cool - I like that each park also has a "road trip" play list and includes things like the theme from Phineas and Ferb. Also that the Future World playlist includes the Kitchen Kabaret songs. Also found some animated Porgs in DHS and an animated Agent P for the Agent P game (which can be played via the app as well, which is neat)

View attachment 333481

I haven’t explored it yet on my own but from all the screenshots it looks really cool! I also love the artwork!

I wonder if they will add the sorcerers of the magic kingdom to the app. It would be cool if you could store your cards in the app and if you forget to bring your cards to the parks you could play with the cards you stored on the app.

I was telling my mom about toy story land and how the biggest issue seems to be cover. And she said oh just like Epcot back when it opened and there was no cover and no benches. Apparently Disney still hasn’t caught on....

Yea although AK is kinda considered the hottest park, and there is a lot of shade along the walkways. It does seem to be more of an "outside" park though-fewer AC building etc.

As for attractions at EPCOT Soarin prob has the best, TT is mostly inside as well.

Yea although AK is kinda considered the hottest park, and there is a lot of shade along the walkways. It does seem to be more of an "outside" park though-fewer AC building etc.

As for attractions at EPCOT Soarin prob has the best, TT is mostly inside as well.

AK really seems to hold in the humidity the worst, which makes the heat feel more oppressive. I don't think it's all that bad for sun.

I think that the shade in AK makes all the difference, though, making AK not so bad IMO. World Showcase on a sunny day can be rough, but at least you're MOVING.

Standing in line in TSL for hours, part of it without cover can't be fun.

Those concerned about queue lines not being covered, please just watch the reviews that will come out of today's media event. There are covered sections. Large ones.

Theres more booze at Epcot so you might not get the majority to agree with you that it is hotter. I will say that back in the early 2000s Disney did seem to have alot more cool down stations up around epcot. Now they offer alot less

Those concerned about queue lines not being covered, please just watch the reviews that will come out of today's media event. There are covered sections. Large ones.

Well, based on this there are some sections with coverings - certainly more than reports I saw from CM previews, but still seemed like a awful lot of the areas had the sun directly on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter