News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to clarify from the guardians of the galaxy discussion earlier, the marvel theme park attractions are considered a separate continuity from the marvel cinematic universe. they mentioned this in a Q&A about mission breakout, since that also messes with canon a bit

Is the Cirque show Luzia coming to Disney Springs before the new Disney show debuts?

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/rumor-cir...ngs-in-2019-before-new-disney-show-premieres/

I honestly thought they were going to schedule one of their touring "tent" shows for an extended run at Disney Springs for this winter. Typically, they send them north during the summer and head south for the winter because of the weather. Hence, I expected to see a show arriving in December or January. A February or March arrival (as mentioned in the article) seems to run counter to that usual strategy. Although, it might make sense to wait until the third parking garage is complete before removing a ton of parking lot for the tent. (That's also mentioned in the article.)

Anyway, I have seen Luzia. It was good but not great. I'd rank it in the middle of the 13-14 Cirque du Soleil shows that I've seen. The show's sub-title is "A Waking Dream of Mexico". Thematically, it won't fit it with Disney Springs. But, they probably don't have a lot of choices. I think that's the only North American "tent" show that hasn't toured Florida.

Lego Spaceship Earth up on Lego Ideas for support

https://wdwnt.com/2018/06/this-spaceship-earth-lego-idea-is-every-epcot-fans-dream-come-true/

5455909-o_1ce42mkv51c521b181l9l1vg3hc7e-iOuFp7vcsdQXqQ-thumbnail-full.png

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Received this email notification from WDC Shareholder Services early this morning, related to the proposed purchase of Twentieth Century Fox:

Dear Disney Stockholders:

The Special Meeting of stockholders of The Walt Disney Company will be held at the New Amsterdam Theatre, 214 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036 on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 beginning at 10:00 a.m.

Stockholders of record of Disney common stock (NYSE: DIS) at the close of business on May 29, 2018, are entitled to vote at the meeting and any postponements or adjournments of the meeting. The items of business and the recommendations of the Board of Directors are described in the proxy materials.

This communication presents only an overview. Complete proxy materials are available to you on the Internet. We encourage you to access and review all of the important information contained in the proxy materials before voting.

If anyone is interested in all of the legal jargon regarding the merger, that info is here:
https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...&FilingId=12784415&CIK=0001001039&Index=10000

Last edited:
just to clarify from the guardians of the galaxy discussion earlier, the marvel theme park attractions are considered a separate continuity from the marvel cinematic universe. they mentioned this in a Q&A about mission breakout, since that also messes with canon a bit

That makes sense I guess. They should make the same argument for Star Tours - where they've had characters from all three trilogies show up on the same ride.

That's pretty standard throughout the parks, if you think about it. I mean, at the end of Tangled, Rapunzel's hair is chopped off and brown, but when you meet her in the parks, it's long and blonde and braided with flowers. Or you can meet Ariel as both a mermaid and a human in the parks even though the movie ended with her 100% human. You're sort of in the story of the films when you're in the park- the storyline hasn't necessarily played all the way out yet.

My son would flip! I would love Lego to produce products for all the iconic Disney attractions. Give me Space Mountain, please!

We got the Cinderella Castle as a family Christmas Gift and my kids had a blast putting it together (took us about 8 hours over 2 days) and would love other attractions. Big Thunder or Splash would be really cool as well, heck a full on Pirates of Caribbean would be neat!

That's pretty standard throughout the parks, if you think about it. I mean, at the end of Tangled, Rapunzel's hair is chopped off and brown, but when you meet her in the parks, it's long and blonde and braided with flowers. Or you can meet Ariel as both a mermaid and a human in the parks even though the movie ended with her 100% human. You're sort of in the story of the films when you're in the park- the storyline hasn't necessarily played all the way out yet.

true - you also meet The Beast, even though he was returned to his human form by the end of the film

We got the Cinderella Castle as a family Christmas Gift and my kids had a blast putting it together (took us about 8 hours over 2 days) and would love other attractions. Big Thunder or Splash would be really cool as well, heck a full on Pirates of Caribbean would be neat!
Tower of Terror would be cool. I think that wouldn’t be too hard to develop out of legos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter