• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway be open next year for the 30th anniversary of DHS?

You seemed pretty sure they couldn't use ant man though.

So we're really not sure about any characters, except I'd say if they have an attraction at IOA they are 100% out, like Spiderman.

If they are featured on a cutout, they are probably out but not 100%

The way I understand it/think of it has nothing to do with cutouts or anything

It is if the character was ever officially a member of the Avengers in the comics then Disney cannot use them in WDW. So Black Panther was a member at one time so he is out but the Guardians never were. Just appearing in an Avengers movie does it count - you need to have beeen an official member at one point

As far as the question of "Captain Marvel" is still up in the air...but there's a pretty big red flag on that one...Disney is NOT allowed to use the name "Marvel" in the theme parks at all, even in California. Going to be interesting to see how they get around that one.

If Captain Marvel becomes a big enough hit to bring to the park, they could probably just go with calling her Carol Danvers. Pretty sure even in the comics she's referred to much more often as Carol than Captain Marvel ... as there's been several Captain Marvels and her identity isn't a secret. Don't know if that would still work legally though ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter