News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - It's been said before - but why the heck would you pay $150 for a ride to the airport.
Absolutely how I feel about it!

People apparently are using it. The biggest reason I think people are is the “trust” in Disney.
But I agree with this as the reason. Disney brand = trust for many people. :thumbsup2

To this point... we've been talking about going on an African safari at some point when the kids are older. I'd consider Adventures by Disney even at their nutty prices because I trust them on issues of safety, etc. Imagine what it would do to their brand if something horrific happened to someone on one of those trips, right?!

Absolutely how I feel about it!

But I agree with this as the reason. Disney brand = trust for many people. :thumbsup2

To this point... we've been talking about going on an African safari at some point when the kids are older. I'd consider Adventures by Disney even at their nutty prices because I trust them on issues of safety, etc. Imagine what it would do to their brand if something horrific happened to someone on one of those trips, right?!
Yep. ABD is crazy expensive but I’ve never heard anything bad about one of those trips. They always sound incredible.

OK - It's been said before - but why the heck would you pay $150 for a ride to the airport. I just looked for laughs and I can book a limo with Mears for $105 to the airport from AKL. Is this a "I have so much money I can do stupid things" service?

With the reviews I have read on Mears, I would never consider using them. Mears is the main non-disney "name" that typically comes up in a search so unless you are good at and have time to search/research you quickly think that the $45 more for the private Disney transportation is not bad...and if you are willing to spend the $105 over taking the included ME bus then the $45 likely doesn't mean much.

Well you are testing your sim car design.
Too funny. In my mind - that's a fake thing - how do I know which car really would win? I totally discount it - let the kids build it - my only input is the color - "yankees blue" ;) - and half the time it doesn't work right......

But yes - there's a test - I stand corrected :)

Kinda helps that they don't "test" anything in it any more........
Actually you're still testing. You're still testing a vehicle just like the crash test dummies of the older version were testing a vehicle, the difference is you designed the vehicle you are testing.

The tests are on capability, efficiency, responsiveness, and power for the newer version. Now the older version was more centered on how cars, at that time, were tested since it used different road materials you drive on and environment differences with heat,cold, etc.

Now I prefer the theming of the older version. I enjoyed the video they had (even as corny as it was), the feel, the specific tests, etc but I do like that you get to design something in the newer version.

The itineraries are really great, and I appreciate that they make every effort to be an organic, immersive experience and that your Disney guides are supported by knowledgable local guides. And the fact that you have one Disney employee assigned to just your family for the sole purpose of photo documentation of the whole vacation is a pretty easy way to justify the cost for one of these once-in-a-lifetime type trips.

OK - It's been said before - but why the heck would you pay $150 for a ride to the airport. I just looked for laughs and I can book a limo with Mears for $105 to the airport from AKL. Is this a "I have so much money I can do stupid things" service?

Two words: Car Seats. Knowing Disney Mini Vans have good quality car seats, paired with being on your own schedule, makes this price more in line than risking Mears/taxi car seats - especially if you're paranoid and anxious travelers like my husband and me or you have a very early or very late flight. Though it's still about $20-25 more than I would be willing to spend, so maybe my argument just fell apart anyway...

Two words: Car Seats. Knowing Disney Mini Vans have good quality car seats, paired with being on your own schedule, makes this price more in line than risking Mears/taxi car seats - especially if you're paranoid and anxious travelers like my husband and me or you have a very early or very late flight. Though it's still about $20-25 more than I would be willing to spend, so maybe my argument just fell apart anyway...

Yep, this. This is why we'd potentially use it...maybe...the price is still hard to swallow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter