News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Disney ever wanted to, could they do Marvel themed resorts at WDW?

That's an interesting question indeed! They can't have Marvel things in the parks, but they can have them outside the parks. (For instance, they have had "Marvel" wraps on the MK Monorail trains, but they can't have them on the Epcot trains because they go into the park. ) I think a Marvel resort is unlikely though only because that would just make things more confusing with Universal. (Guests asking: "I'm staying at the Avengers resort - what do you mean I can't ride Spiderman?")

That's an interesting question indeed! They can't have Marvel things in the parks, but they can have them outside the parks. (For instance, they have had "Marvel" wraps on the MK Monorail trains, but they can't have them on the Epcot trains because they go into the park. ) I think a Marvel resort is unlikely though only because that would just make things more confusing with Universal. (Guests asking: "I'm staying at the Avengers resort - what do you mean I can't ride Spiderman?")
Wow...excellent point!

I think Manny is a great character but also probably time they changed things up a bit there - be cool if they had Miles from Tomorrowland or something (actually would be cool if he met in tomorrowland next to the TTA people mover - which is the company he works for)

I still think they could do something small (at least) with Miles on the TTA. Add a new announcement that mentions them, or put a Miles and Merc somewhere. If they replaced that weird hair salon scene that'd be ok with me.

I still think they could do something small (at least) with Miles on the TTA. Add a new announcement that mentions them, or put a Miles and Merc somewhere. If they replaced that weird hair salon scene that'd be ok with me.
It's astounding to me that Disney won't spend (what I assume would be) less than a thousand dollars to update something like that scene...I still love Disney but wish they'd make some small changes for those of us that come back often. Other things that come to mind...the scenes on the walkway at the end of Space Mtn...some of the videos in Living with the Land...an update to Mickey's Philharmagic film with a couple of new/replaced scenes...fixing effects on Small World that haven't worked in years...update to Monsters Inc Laugh floor show...(I could probably go on, lol).

If Disney ever wanted to, could they do Marvel themed resorts at WDW?

I wonder if the new star wars immersive hotel is a success that they try to clone this with a Marvel/Avengers immersive hotel.

I think the Marvel wrap on transportation proves they can have the presence up to the boarders of the actual parks themselves. However, I think Disney will play the long game and just wait till there are no restrictions to do whatever they want.

Good question, not sure why it took this long for someone to figure that one out. Kudos

The teaser looks great but I don't think they used the right music. As soon as it started I heard the music in my head and it wasn't from the first movie. Which I get, it's not a remake, but that music was great and had they used it it would have made the impact I wanted it to make. I'll wait to see the trailer but this has lowered my already not high expectations because MP is one of my favorites and it's iconic so I expect similarities more than just her and the way she dresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter