News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local games for MLB and NHL are Fox Sports Regionals. I would be surprised if MLB games got on ESPN before the end of the season. NHL is looking iffy to start next season based upon timeline of dea with Fox getting approved.

I don’t remember Body Wars being jarring. I remember it being “undulating”. There was a lot of swaying up and down and side to side which increased motion sickness.
My memory of it being jarring if that is that right word is when you were in the blood stream. I remember it kinda being a relief when you broke out of the blood stream.

Anybody have any idea why there is lots of smoke coming from the Disney Springs area? We are at Epcot. Trying to upload a pic.

ETA: the smoke dissipated pretty quickly so it must have been nothing major.

late update, but the smoke was a vehicle fire on the turnpike

mFbfZFQ.png

Please be a Marriott ... Please be a Marriott ... Please be a Marriott ...

It will be part of Tishman and part of the Swan and Dolphin complex. I am guessing Starwood/Marriott would operate it like the other two.

Tishman has worked with other hotel groups, including Hilton, Fairmont, and InterContinental. It's possible they may want to tap into one of those groups for this property because it provides a different potential market of customers. Aside from individual guests, doing that gives them access to the existing National Sales Teams for whatever hotel group they choose.

That said, it's also reasonable to believe that this hotel will become a Marriott or Starwood hotel. They could use this new hotel to house the VIPs for the large conventions that happen at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.

Comcast have put a massive fly in Disneys ointment.

Fox are currently being approved to take over the remainder of SKY TV and if approved by regulators, would then default and be included in the Disney takeover. If Fox aren’t successful, Disney can put an offer forward themselves for the remainder but now Comcast has come in and put in a massive offer for SKY which I can’t see shareholders wanting to turn down

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/27/comcast-sky-offer-fox-disney/

No details in the article but that certainly looks similar to Galaxy's Edge in the concept art:
dlp238402934320984023fi-768x432.jpg
Yep Galaxy’s Edge clone most likely. Frozen looks similar to Hong Kong/Tokyo stuff so I wonder if that’s cloned at all too. Marvel is really the only unique thing. All starts with rockin rollercoaster becoming Marvel.

I grew up playing soccer and coach my boys now. I've played footgolf a few times and it is just good, simple, fun to play outdoors. I loved golf as well, until I had kids and couldn't spend 6 hours on the weekend playing a round, but I can't wait until my kids are a little older to go play some more footgolf. Wish they would open a course near me and this may very well be on our schedule for the next "non-park" day we have at WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter