• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say nothing about all the surfaces that contain germs in the airport, and the magical Express bus or taxi, and in each Park, bus, and everywhere else.

I came home from my last trip with influenza. It came from Disney world. There have been no other verified cases in my city so far this year, I have the notoriety of being patient one. Where did that come from?

When I am traveling,I use hand sanitizer continually, I wipe down surfaces in my resort room, and I try to practice good hygiene everywhere. But, those germs and viruses and bacteria are all around us.

I try not to be obsessive about it. I do wash my hands, but I don't constantly use hand sanitizer. For me, a little exposure seems to strengthen my immunity. My mother's family is full of OCD people, and they catch everything that comes their way. Somehow, I managed to escape the trap.

Hope you get to feeling better. Last time I caught the flu was after waiting in the ER waiting area for an outpatient procedure during the month of February. Worst flu I have ever had in my life. I hadn't had the flu before that for 10+ years, and that would have been in college or high school.

Ugh, yes. I call Disney "the germiest place on Earth". Watch all the little kids that put there mouths on everything. I can beat you - my wife got Chicken Pox at WDW in 2000. She was laid up for two weeks. The best bet is to try and not touch anything.

Oh man, chicken pox. That can be deadly for adults. I got it when I was a kid, so hopefully, I won't get it again.

I'm guessing you've seen this:

No I haven't, but 100% agree with it. I didn't know about the temp track thing (well I knew they used temp tracks, but not how it affects the score). However, I knew that the reason Marvel movies aren't memorable is pretty on purpose, and while "safe" is the way it's described, it's more to do with wanting the music to fit from film to film with eachother. The one "flaw" if there is a flaw to the MCU is that method of keeping the whole machine very neutralized, from the style of shooting to costumes to the editing. Even the movies that are "out there" like Doctor Strange really aren't all that out there. It's just most noticeable with the score.

Watching the video when they ask "hum something from a Marvel movie" all I thought of was "Ooga Shaka, Ooga Shaka, Ooga, Ooga, Ooga Shaka"

Like everything else it's a pretty copycat industry. A lot of what we are hearing now stems from "Dark Night"-ing of movie soundtracks - and the popularity of the sounds of Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard who composed it. In fact I mentioned the Pirates soundtrack - but even that isn't THAT original, as he ripped himself off from both "The Rock" and "Gladiator".

This conversation made me think of Thor:Ragnarok - which actually did some unique stuff with score getting Mark Mothersbaugh and they put some pretty funky stuff into it. But still not all that memorable.

WOW! This was a super cool watch, thanks for sharing.

Funnily enough, I actually can call the Marvel “opening credit” music to mind fairly easily but would’ve been staring blankly when asked for Bond music

I get it though, and hope Marvel starts stepping the music game up :)

Yeah, those like 4 bars from the credit roll are fairly familiar, but I wouldn't exactly call them catchy.

To say nothing about all the surfaces that contain germs in the airport, and the magical Express bus or taxi, and in each Park, bus, and everywhere else.

I came home from my last trip with influenza. It came from Disney world. There have been no other verified cases in my city so far this year, I have the notoriety of being patient one. Where did that come from?

When I am traveling,I use hand sanitizer continually, I wipe down surfaces in my resort room, and I try to practice good hygiene everywhere. But, those germs and viruses and bacteria are all around us.
Did you fly? They say one of the most contaimenated area is the tray table. Also the seat back pouch.

Ugh, yes. I call Disney "the germiest place on Earth". Watch all the little kids that put there mouths on everything. I can beat you - my wife got Chicken Pox at WDW in 2000. She was laid up for two weeks. The best bet is to try and not touch anything.
It's not just the little kids. Those little cards they try to make you hold on Flight of Passage and Mission Space are the most disgusting things. I've seen people do some ungodly things to them to say the least.

Did you fly? They say one of the most contaimenated area is the tray table. Also the seat back pouch.

I have more problems getting sick from the people that can't bother to cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough near me.

Just did Mickey: The True Original Exhibit in New York City and it was a ton of fun, definitely worth the money. If you live in the area or happen to be near NYC, I highly recommend doing it. If you do the trivia inside the exhibit you get a free pin and you also get a free art print if you show your Disney Visa card. You don’t even have to purchase anything.

Couple nights ago was just awful, embarrassing actually.

Then tonight was pretty good again. Weird.

We've seen Illuminations four times this week. Twice it was normal, twice the ending was weak. The bad nights had a strong breeze towards the Spaceship Earth side of the lagoon. We're seeing it one more time tonight.

Just did Mickey: The True Original Exhibit in New York City and it was a ton of fun, definitely worth the money. If you live in the area or happen to be near NYC, I highly recommend doing it. If you do the trivia inside the exhibit you get a free pin and you also get a free art print if you show your Disney Visa card. You don’t even have to purchase anything.

We are giving the kids tickets to it for Christmas - scheduled to go on the 28th

Glad to hear you liked it!

NEWS

Registration open for Individual Enrollment Disney Performing Arts Workshops

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...arts-workshops/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q1wo1213180005A

This sounds really cool - I would have loved to attended something like this! And pricing seems really reasonable: regular classes are $62 and Premium are $74

One of my Disney World jobs was Host for Disney Performing Arts (although it was Magic Music Days back then). We hosted groups doing public performances as well as workshops like the ones linked here.

I was assigned to two different workshops that season. One was a dance workshop that sounds similar to the "Dance Technique: Jazz" one listed. Guests learned actual choreography from one of the stage shows. On the final run-through, one or more characters would suddenly appear and dance with the group. It was well done and guests loved the fact that it was held in a real rehearsal space. (Back then, it was done in the Fantasmic! rehearsal space.)

I also did something similar to "Music 201: The Building Blocks of Score". That was for bands. They learned a instrumental section of a Disney film. It was usually Aladdin when I was there. Between practicing each part, the conductor would explain how Disney films were scored. For the final project, the group would record the soundtrack and leave with a video that had their music behind the Disney film.

As someone who was a music major in college with a lot of dance experience, I highly recommend these programs for young adults interested in performing. The pricing does sound incredibly reasonable. The fact that they are available for individuals is great, too. It would be a great experience for a young adult to meet and work with peers.

So the dirt, germ, and grime conversation started with a discussion about the germs on the shampoo bottles. Think about this and see if it blows your mind... Soap is self cleansing. Have you ever questioned if soap can get dirty? It is somewhat of a mind bender. Soap does get dirty! This doesn't seem to be much of a problem, though. A number of studies have been done on the matter in which test subjects were given bars of soap laden with E. coli and other bacteria and instructed to wash up. None of the studies found any evidence of bacteria transfer from the soap to the subjects' hands. Feel safe and free to use the soap in the dispenser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter