• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

News

DVC refurbishments

WiFi upgrades coming to all resorts

Saratoga will start in 2019 and finish in 2020.

Aulani in 2020

Boulder Ridge and Grand Floridian in 2021

Polynesian in 2022

Old Key West refurb is 80% complete
I’m wondering when GCV will get a refurb. Just stayed in a studio on Friday night after staying in a regular GCH room for 3 nights and only the bed frame/mattress were new. Rest of the room didn’t receive the updates that the rest of the hotel did.

News

DVC resorts will be getting the larger attached to shower H2O bottles like the other Disney resorts.

They also will be using a new type of sofa sleeper that folds from the wall.

Photos from wdrl2 on twitter

View attachment 369738 View attachment 369739

I like the Murphy bed idea.

But I have an extremely weird hatred of those bottles bolted to the wall.

News

DVC resorts will be getting the larger attached to shower H2O bottles like the other Disney resorts.

They also will be using a new type of sofa sleeper that folds from the wall.

Photos from wdrl2 on twitter

View attachment 369738 View attachment 369739

Oh boy, like x1000 on that bigger pulldown bed. Once my son actually gets tall the pullout couch/small pulldown bed is not gonna cut it anymore.

News

Same here. I despise those bottles. They've had them in even more upscale hotels in Montreal for years, and I just find the entire thing... icky, for lack of a better word. I'll bring my own stuff. And complain about it.

Agreed. I liked having the large bottles, but as somebody who does actually take baths sometimes instead of showers, they are not meant for you to be sitting down and be able to get to them. Luckily, the housekeeper at ASMo forgot to lock ours up the second night we were there last time, and I could actually pull the whole bottle down and put it on the edge of the tub.

Other DVC musings

Epcot DVC lounge will stay through 2019.

Adding a wine tasting event at OKW

10% Spa discount

Golf membership at WDW Arnold Palmer courses

Weekly member meetings at Splitsville in DTD, and Aulani along with new dedicated check in desk at Aulani

Seven Seas tasting cruise

2019 Moonlight Magic events

Jan. 31st at Disneyland

Feb. 5th and 12th at Magic Kingdom

March 20th and 27th at Hollywood Studios

May 13th and 20th at Epcot

July 18th, August 8th, and 22nd at Animal Kingdom

September 18th and October 16th at Typhoon Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter