News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah, but I love the African American woman with the big fro in the computer room. If only, she, and more of her had existed, I wouldn't have to put up with a bunch of dorky dudes all day:( It's not the dorky part I dislike;)

It is still there but you have to request it, it is not listed on the menu anymore.

The pineapple lumpia is back on the lunch/dinner menu per this twitter user.
https://twitter.com/DizneyWorldz/status/1034095056989442048?s=20

You guys had me scared. AK is the new king of pineapple with the lumpia and dark rum dole whip. However, they never give me 2 shots of rum like they do at Trader Sam's:D

Construction accident near Disney. Two deaths:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1130837002?__twitter_impression=true

I'm not sure what site this is. It says this site is just off Disney property, so I don't know if this construction that has been discussed here before.

ETA: a tweet from OC Fire Rescue says:
"14900 blk Chelonia Pkwy"
According to AP, "Marriott International has described the project as a 16-story, $282 million JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-workers-die-in-6-story-fall-near-disney-world-3rd-hangs-on-survives/

So we checked into Beach Club DVC today and though we got an end of the hall room, our view is pretty neat. Other than to brag though, you actually can see SSE and the new Gaurdians building in the same shot at a fairly flat angle. Understand the Gaurdians building is further away, but it really doesn't look as tall as SSE. Perhaps it's the angle because we are looking up at it??
from room.jpg
Also, we went to MNSSHP last night. I'm notorious for the hate I give these parties, but we actually had a good time. Still surprised how little we actually did, but got in 5 rides and some trick or treating. The crowds we're I suppose leas lham a normal MK but not by a lot. The worst.was.the trick or treat.stations, some were a good ten minutes wait for 4-5 candy bars. My wife was really disappointed in the candy haul, maybe we got about 30 pieces after 5-6 candy stops. We left after the second parade and there were still a bazillion people. So overall it was OK and our daughter.and her friend had fun going off on their own a few hours, but I still don't like the crowd levels they allow for these things, and doubt we will be going again anytime soon and I still am on the "anti" side for this..(oh, we didn't get there.until 7 because.it POURED from 3 pm to about 6:30 pm, and was raining until close.to.8 pm. We just didn't feel like taking advantage of the early entry in the downpour, but if we had gotten a few more hours out of it I may have felt better.

I'm scared. I hope it's good. So they're going to mess with scenes after the industrial revolution??

I hope not :( I love the giant computer room, the family watching the moon landing and I think the garage is the perfect place to end it.

But after the garage and matrix tunnel they can change whatever they want.

I'm tentatively excited about this. SE has needed an overhaul for years. If it's done right, it should be exceptional! However, given Disney's track record of refurbishments resulting in the attraction not being as good prior to the changes, I do have concerns. The two refurbishments for Journey into Imagination destroyed that attraction.

I know we all point to that as the big disaster, and it was, but other refurbishments have been ok, and others have been awful. I'll put Tiki Room under awful, but I don't mind the PotC refurbs over the years. The Mexico ride refurb is ok. The Living Seas wasn't bad. But the Spaceship Earth refurbs have always been good, though I miss Cronkite's voice. Regardless, it is the centerpiece ride of the park and I just don't think they will mess with it too badly.

Spaceship Earth is one attraciton that has seen quite a number of refurbs and I think while each has had some plusses and minueses they have all been at least "ok" so I am fairly excited for this
So we checked into Beach Club DVC today and though we got an end of the hall room, our view is pretty neat. Other than to brag though, you actually can see SSE and the new Gaurdians building in the same shot at a fairly flat angle. Understand the Gaurdians building is further away, but it really doesn't look as tall as SSE. Perhaps it's the angle because we are looking up at it??
View attachment 346862
Also, we went to MNSSHP last night. I'm notorious for the hate I give these parties, but we actually had a good time. Still surprised how little we actually did, but got in 5 rides and some trick or treating. The crowds we're I suppose leas lham a normal MK but not by a lot. The worst.was.the trick or treat.stations, some were a good ten minutes wait for 4-5 candy bars. My wife was really disappointed in the candy haul, maybe we got about 30 pieces after 5-6 candy stops. We left after the second parade and there were still a bazillion people. So overall it was OK and our daughter.and her friend had fun going off on their own a few hours, but I still don't like the crowd levels they allow for these things, and doubt we will be going again anytime soon and I still am on the "anti" side for this..(oh, we didn't get there.until 7 because.it POURED from 3 pm to about 6:30 pm, and was raining until close.to.8 pm. We just didn't feel like taking advantage of the early entry in the downpour, but if we had gotten a few more hours out of it I may have felt better.

Shot it got coming in this morning - makes Guardians look pretty big - so angle definitely makes a difference

E2B680EA-9949-4F8E-8270-81E4AC8825F6.jpeg

Construction accident near Disney. Two deaths:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1130837002?__twitter_impression=true

I'm not sure what site this is. It says this site is just off Disney property, so I don't know if this construction that has been discussed here before.

ETA: a tweet from OC Fire Rescue says:
"14900 blk Chelonia Pkwy"

It's between Caribbean Beach and Epcot Center Drive, so I think it's actually on Disney's Property. It's the Wyndham Grand Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter