News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
D23 Expo Anaheim is bigger. They have Archives exhibits, Imagineering, every studio, etc. All of those Disney related things are located in California. Maybe 2021 but I'm not sure I think Anaheim just makes sense.
Hoping that one day the D23 expo will be held in Orlando as I'll probably never make it to the one on the west coast because of the extra expense of airfare, etc.

Now that the Coronado Springs convention center is being expanded, maybe it would large enough to accommodate a D23 expo.

Hoping that one day the D23 expo will be held in Orlando as I'll probably never make it to the one on the west coast because of the extra expense of airfare, etc.

Now that the Coronado Springs convention center is being expanded, maybe it would large enough to accommodate a D23 expo.
I don’t see them moving it to Orlando for monetary reasons. The amount of talent that they have appear at D23 would mean having to fulfill an extremely large number travel riders to have them all go to Orlando when they don’t have to do more than provide car service and probably H&M for them to appear in Anaheim.

Doubtful. They would have to use the Orlando Convention Center. Nothing on Disney property would be large enough.

What do you mean by this exactly? You were refused service 4 out of 5 attempts?
There were no no vans available. It would time out and we would have to start over. After the second time out we just got a cab. There does not seem to be enough cars and/or drivers to meet demand. Hopefully they will continue to add more and the service will become more reliable. The one time we used it it was great.

I posted this on the ticket price increase thread but thought I'd post it here also.

It appears that tiered ticket pricing for multi-day tickets is coming soon. An article in the Orlando Sentinel says:

"Disney is also planning to sell date-specific one-day and multi-day tickets with prices posted in advance later this year as part of its strategy to help even out crowds. More details were not immediately available."

“Given the small percentage of guests that purchase a one-day ticket at Walt Disney World, extending pre-published, date-specific pricing to multi-day tickets will further advance our efforts to spread attendance throughout the year and ensure all guests have a magical experience no matter when they visit,” Finger’s statement said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-ticket-price-increase-20180211-story.html

I posted this on the ticket price increase thread but thought I'd post it here also.

It appears that tiered ticket pricing for multi-day tickets is coming soon. An article in the Orlando Sentinel says:

"Disney is also planning to sell date-specific one-day and multi-day tickets with prices posted in advance later this year as part of its strategy to help even out crowds. More details were not immediately available."

“Given the small percentage of guests that purchase a one-day ticket at Walt Disney World, extending pre-published, date-specific pricing to multi-day tickets will further advance our efforts to spread attendance throughout the year and ensure all guests have a magical experience no matter when they visit,” Finger’s statement said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-ticket-price-increase-20180211-story.html

Certainly makes sense to do this - just not sure how it will work if someone's vacation spans multiple tiers

Certainly makes sense to do this - just not sure how it will work if someone's vacation spans multiple tiers
You would need to purchase the ticket that covers the higher priced days. At least that was the information that was provided when the survey regarding tiered tickets was circulated.

I wonder what happens if you have to cancel or reschedule your trip? You're purchasing a ticket for a specific day or time frame so if you don't use it, are you just out of the cash or can you apply the value of the ticket towards the purchase of a future trip? You'll soon need to degree in accounting to figure all of this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter