News Round Up 2017

M

Thank you! Hah, this'll be interesting. I bought $5700 worth of target gift cards Sunday to redeem for Disney gift cards. If $50 is the largest denomination I can get, this may take a while :scared:

The Target nearest my house keeps the $25 and $50 cards are up front by the main registers, and larger value Gift Cards in the back of the store with the electronics. Still, 57 cards is a lot!

maybe they will do it in the new SW land....says adults and teens can do it too!

Whoa! Does that mean they will allows cosplay in SWL?

That's why I am thinking this WON'T be in SWGE and instead is on the Cruise Line ... I thought they were very clear they won't have, say, Mickey dressed as a Jedi and stuff and this is supposed to be a real city on the outer rim, so not sure why they would have a place to dress you up like Luke Skywalker or something

That said, it's not like they aren't going to let in someone wearing Princess Leia hair buns or something

That's why I am thinking this WON'T be in SWGE and instead is on the Cruise Line ... I thought they were very clear they won't have, say, Mickey dressed as a Jedi and stuff and this is supposed to be a real city on the outer rim, so not sure why they would have a place to dress you up like Luke Skywalker or something

That said, it's not like they aren't going to let in someone wearing Princess Leia hair buns or something

A girl can hope?

A girl can hope?

definitely - and I am sure there will be merchandising opportunities and I could see something like BBB - but to a more generic character that fits in that land vs a specific, known, character (if that makes sense) ... and maybe a makeover that fits into the idea of you taking on a persona in the land and have your deeds and performance tracked, etc (so I guess, more like LARPing)

By us I never see anything larger than $50 and often the largest they have in stock is $25 ... I was using those to help pay off our Disney Cruise - that is a lot of number to enter!

On the plus side, was able to create a Mickey Head out of all the cards once I was paid in full

View attachment 286951
Thats my plan too - to pay off our cruise.

And your picture is awesome!! I think I'll end up with enough cards to do it too!

Ok now I want a Futurama overlay to the Jungle Cruise

"Good news everyone, I taught the hippopotamus to love!"

*as leaving the dock* "Does anyone object? ... Now, now - there will be plenty of time to discuss your objections when and if you return"

Oh my goodness. I don't think Futurama will actually go in the parks, but if somehow they did...
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
Even more than Disney already does. My husband and I would never leave.

Guess it should be mentioned, but Happy Birthday Walt! Without whom (and his brother and his mouse) we would not be virtually chatting right now!

untitled1.png
So we went to Disneyland a few years ago on this day - completely unaware at first that it was his birthday.
We did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour that day (by then we had already seen it online that it was his birthday). The tour guide had absolutely no idea that it was Walt's birthday as he's walking around telling us all this stuff about him. Definitely thought this middle aged lady in our tour group was going to lose it on the guy for not knowing that lol.

I might be wrong but I think the Simpsons and Futurama would also go to Disney under the deal.

The details of the deal as discussed publicly have stated that talks are only for the movie studio side of the business. Disney would not acquire Fox, Fox News, FX, or any of their other TV properties. It would be against the law for ABC and Fox TV to be under the same umbrella. The specific laws have something to do with owning two broadcast stations in the same market. So no, Simpsons would not go anywhere. And as far as Futurama goes, Fox released rights to that a while back. The last few seasons of the show were produced by Comedy Central.

The details of the deal as discussed publicly have stated that talks are only for the movie studio side of the business. Disney would not acquire Fox, Fox News, FX, or any of their other TV properties. It would be against the law for ABC and Fox TV to be under the same umbrella. The specific laws have something to do with owning two broadcast stations in the same market. So no, Simpsons would not go anywhere. And as far as Futurama goes, Fox released rights to that a while back. The last few seasons of the show were produced by Comedy Central.
They could end up owning TV production. They just won’t own the broadcast network, which is different than owning the production studi. It depends on how the deal is composed.

$300 per target gift card transaction correct?...so you had to check out 19 times?

Did it work? I couldn't use the target gift cards on that promo day so I would be worried about not being able to test it before fully committing.
M

Thank you! Hah, this'll be interesting. I bought $5700 worth of target gift cards Sunday to redeem for Disney gift cards. If $50 is the largest denomination I can get, this may take a while :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter