• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

I just checked out the link for the 2018 merchandise. Interesting to note that the logo icon for DHS has changed again. Talk about a park with an identity crisis. I hope that is not a bad sign for the future of ToT.

If I could just carry a Yuengling from the UK fish stand out the IG it would be even better.....pirate:

Don't laugh, I have been forced to chug at the IG before. I threatened to go back to France and get a bottle of wine.......

For me it's always been a Unibroue from the beer cart in Canada as 'one for the road' ... then stuck chugging at the IG. It's just a shame that we can't carry out as that whole area around the paved bridges and Boardwalk is great at nighttime.

Just back from a wonderful 5 day trip. FYI to Epcot Beer drinkers the price of beer has remained the same, however the size of the beer cups have been decreased to 12 oz only. Just an FYI I wanted to pass along. I love Disney and having a few beers in world showcase. This IMO did finally cross that line of what I am willing to pay for. Just wanted to pass along.

Just back from a wonderful 5 day trip. FYI to Epcot Beer drinkers the price of beer has remained the same, however the size of the beer cups have been decreased to 12 oz only. Just an FYI I wanted to pass along. I love Disney and having a few beers in world showcase. This IMO did finally cross that line of what I am willing to pay for. Just wanted to pass along.

do they still have the plastic souvenir mugs? That is usually one of my souvenirs each trip

Looked like fun until I saw the price and I forgot we were talking about theme park character meals...and I thought Disney character meals were bad. $50?

So I watched the ABC Holiday day special:
- the Toy Story Land Sneak Peak was pretty useless if you've followed it at all
- the new Last Jedi trailer/sneak peak was fun and had some new scenes
- noticed they referred to the Olaf's Frozen Adventure as a "featurette" not a "short"
- some good performances - I liked Fitz and the Tantrums, Darious Rucker, and Hanson
- the lighting the Castles in multiple Disney Parks (they Skippers piped Tokyo) was pretty cool

We didn't watch the whole thing - I have a hard time sitting through that much drivel so we DVRd it for gradual watch-back. But we were there while they were shooting it, and we watched the first performance with Ciara being performed, at least in rehearsal form. The mention of fake fireworks got me thinking as we walked around Fantasyland later in the evening, some fireworks shot off randomly. These were clearly the fireworks for the actual Ciara taping. (They didn't shoot off fireworks during the rehearsal.) This was Tuesday the 7th. On Sunday the 5th we were in the park until after closing and as we were leaving they were still taping the special. (We didn't get up close that day but heard that 5th Harmony was on-stage earlier in the day.) We got stuck waiting for a bus for 30 minutes, so this was probably 45 minutes after official park closing, they shot off a whole load of fireworks - again presumably for taping. So it sure seems like WDW didn't fake the fireworks.

Perhaps at DLR they were forced to since for certain wind conditions they can't fire them off, or after a certain time. My guess is that was probably not their first choice to CGI them in, and especially if the CGI was bad...probably a situation they couldn't help.

Oh and as we were watching Ciara with her furry hat and leg warmers, my wife said "Remember how hot it was that night? How are they not all glistening?" :rotfl2:

Oh and as we were watching Ciara with her furry hat and leg warmers, my wife said "Remember how hot it was that night? How are they not all glistening?" :rotfl2:

I thought that with a number of the performers who had long sleeves and jackets and wool hats and stuff ... obviously they were trying to go for the holiday look, etc. - but they must have been hot singing and dancing in those clothes!

I wonder if they are testing to see if they will do the same for Ratatouille and opening that section of World Showcase early too when it opens?

The pastry shop in France opens with the park already. They usually have a rope between France and Morocco.

I just did a quick search on Bloomberg and didn’t see it.

This was from today though.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-offers-union-a-new-deal-in-ongoing-wage-negotiations/

No. It's on my Bloomberg Terminal. No link to a story yet, but looks like it won't get to a vote.

"
Version:0.9StartHTML:0000000103 EndHTML:0000000743 StartFragment:0000000141 EndFragment:0000000705
Three of Six Disney Florida Park Unions to Reject Pay Proposal

By Karen Mielcarek

(Bloomberg) --
UNITE HERE says three largest unions representing 74% of members plan to reject Disney’s wage offer presented Nov. 30.

• Union says Disney offer leaves starting hourly pay at $10 through 2019
  • Voting to take place Dec. 19, 20"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter