News Round Up 2017

Is there an recent news for the reopening of Hall of Presidents?

I was assuming that it would be open for our visit but now that we're 60 days out, I'm thinking maybe not....

Posted on the Irma thread ... but it sounds like all Disney parks and Springs will be closing Saturday at 9PM. Nothing official posted yet though on the public Disney sites

Potentially could be even longer. Disney has no choice but to make this call and it's being argued they should close even earlier tomorrow.
Oh I'm not arguing with it at all, I was just thinking that I thought the longest it had been closed in the past was like 1 and a half days, and I was curious if that was accurate.

Potentially could be even longer. Disney has no choice but to make this call and it's being argued they should close even earlier tomorrow.

Yeah, I would ink the level of damage could make it even longer as will take them a while to assess if and when safe for guests to return

We've been down during peak hurricane season a few times but have luckily avoided them. I still would feel that being at Disney would be about the best place you could be. However, if you were supposed to be leaving during this time would make things very difficult - hopefully they have enough room to keep all those stranded in place.

I agree. The phased closure makes sense, but why keep parks open until 9pm? Certainly seems like maybe they should move the whole timeline up by 3 hours and have everybody out of parks before dark.

Per this article they were closed for 2 days in 1999 for hurricane Frances

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...4th-time-ever-as-hurricane-matthew-nears.html

That article has the wrong year, Hurricane Frances was in 2004. We were there when the storm came through around 2 a.m Sunday morning. All parks were closed on Saturday and Sunday. MK and Epcot were open on Monday and the other two opened up on Tuesday. County curfew started at 6 p.m. Saturday evening. Instead of all the Disney information channels they played Disney movies.

I was working in the college program in 2004. I came a week after Charlie and was there for Frances, Jeanne and Ivan. Disney was and has continued to be pretty classy on how they handle guests, CMs and such during hurricanes; all things considered. This storm will be something else; I just can't even imagine.

I don't know why they wouldn't? They have already canceled the nighttime shows. Why keep the parks open since those are what usually keeps people at the park anyways.

I also watched Craig's video that he posted yesterday, and it looked like the crowds weren't in EPCOT.

I don't know why they wouldn't? They have already canceled the nighttime shows. Why keep the parks open since those are what usually keeps people at the park anyways.

I also watched Craig's video that he posted yesterday, and it looked like the crowds weren't in EPCOT.
Flight of Passage was a walk on tonight. That's how empty the parks were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter