• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

News

Disney has officially announced and released points for Copper Creek DVC July 2017 opening.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g.../copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/points-rooms/

So a couple things to note here with a real quick glance:

1) The points for studios, 1-bedrooms, and 2-bedrooms are the same amount as for Boulder Ridge (WLV 1.0). This makes a lot of sense, making neither side preferable to the other. It also makes it easier when/if they try to combine the two resorts into a single one someday. I could see them doing this when BR expires they sell extended contracts to match the ending of CC.

2) The cabins are about 20 % less expensive than the Poly cabins, and they are also slightly less expensive (7-8%) than a Grand Villa. This seems to be more in line with where these cabins SHOULD be versus what they are "charging" at the Poly. They still sleep only 8 and are a heck of a lot more than the 2-bedroom villas - as in 250% more points than a 2-bedroom villa.

3) We don't know 100% what the total units will be - but this resort seems like it might be EXTREMELY top-heavy. In other words - while the Poly has the cabins that account for 25% of the total number of points, the rest of the units are studios. IF the predicted #s are right and (breaking up the lock-offs) and there are 53 studios, 55 1-bedrooms, 72 dedicated 2-bedrooms, 6 grand villas, and 26 cabins, that means that means only 9.4 PERCENT of the available room points are in studios, while SEVENTY PERCENT of points are tied up in 2-bedrooms or larger. (The remaining 20% is in 1-bedrooms.) If the predicted distribution is correct - and I hope like heck it is not - getting a studio at Copper Creek is going to be virtually impossible for owners there. (Studios typically account for about 20% of points at a resort, and at many resorts a much higher percentage than that. VGF - where owners have difficulty getting studios at 11 months - 16% of the points are available as studios.) I really hope those predicted numbers are wrong and there are more lock-offs than predicted.

So a couple things to note here with a real quick glance:

1) The points for studios, 1-bedrooms, and 2-bedrooms are the same amount as for Boulder Ridge (WLV 1.0). This makes a lot of sense, making neither side preferable to the other. It also makes it easier when/if they try to combine the two resorts into a single one someday. I could see them doing this when BR expires they sell extended contracts to match the ending of CC.

2) The cabins are about 20 % less expensive than the Poly cabins, and they are also slightly less expensive (7-8%) than a Grand Villa. This seems to be more in line with where these cabins SHOULD be versus what they are "charging" at the Poly. They still sleep only 8 and are a heck of a lot more than the 2-bedroom villas - as in 250% more points than a 2-bedroom villa.

3) We don't know 100% what the total units will be - but this resort seems like it might be EXTREMELY top-heavy. In other words - while the Poly has the cabins that account for 25% of the total number of points, the rest of the units are studios. IF the predicted #s are right and (breaking up the lock-offs) and there are 53 studios, 55 1-bedrooms, 72 dedicated 2-bedrooms, 6 grand villas, and 26 cabins, that means that means only 9.4 PERCENT of the available room points are in studios, while SEVENTY PERCENT of points are tied up in 2-bedrooms or larger. (The remaining 20% is in 1-bedrooms.) If the predicted distribution is correct - and I hope like heck it is not - getting a studio at Copper Creek is going to be virtually impossible for owners there. (Studios typically account for about 20% of points at a resort, and at many resorts a much higher percentage than that. VGF - where owners have difficulty getting studios at 11 months - 16% of the points are available as studios.) I really hope those predicted numbers are wrong and there are more lock-offs than predicted.
I agree. The only thing I'll comment on is the cabins I think are less expensive for another reason too because they don't have that "view" of the MK from their porch/balcony.

For Copper Creek:

Annual dues start at $7.33 per point for 2017, the most expensive of any DVC resort on site.

I saw this as well - that is a scary starting number! The existing BRV is $6.54 this year. I know they got in trouble for underselling Aulani's annual dues, but the Poly is only $6.14. This tells me lots of infrastructure costs for the # of units. It also makes me wonder if BRV owners are going to see a big jump next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter