News Round Up 2017

Maybe I am tainted by comparing to other construction - but seems like this is coming along relatively fast given the scope of the project

I really wouldn't be shocked to see it open in Anaheim before or right near D23 2019. I'm hopeful that the pace of construction over at DHS will accelerate in June once Pandora opens but I am not holding my breath on that until we see something tangible.

Maybe I am tainted by comparing to other construction - but seems like this is coming along relatively fast given the scope of the project

They certainly have taken time on large projects before - maybe the fact that they are building 2 of these has cut costs enough to be efficient about it.
Separately - when people suggest a Tomorrowland update for the 50th, I look at the calendar and shake my head.
Maybe they can after all...

I really think DL is pushing construction to go a lot faster than WDW does. It's looking like the guardians takeover of the tot will be done in about 6 months, since it shut down in January and will most likely reopen in June or July. How long did it take WDW to make a new soarin theater or tsmm track?

I'm sure it comes down to management or whoever is willing to fight for a bigger construction budget.

I also wonder if DL feels like they'd get more pushback from locals if they take 5 years to make a new land. And WDW simply doesn't seem to care about that.

I really think DL is pushing construction to go a lot faster than WDW does. It's looking like the guardians takeover of the tot will be done in about 6 months, since it shut down in January and will most likely reopen in June or July. How long did it take WDW to make a new soarin theater or tsmm track?

I'm sure it comes down to management or whoever is willing to fight for a bigger construction budget.

I also wonder if DL feels like they'd get more pushback from locals if they take 5 years to make a new land. And WDW simply doesn't seem to care about that.

There are also only the 2 parks there so there isn't going to always be new things coming up. So they sort of have to go faster with each ... but also agree, especially given the impact to the railroad/rivers of america/fantasmic that the locals there wouldn't deal with all that being down for 3-5 years

They certainly have taken time on large projects before - maybe the fact that they are building 2 of these has cut costs enough to be efficient about it.
Separately - when people suggest a Tomorrowland update for the 50th, I look at the calendar and shake my head.
Maybe they can after all...
Yes Disneyland is farther ahead than WDW. However there are a couple reasons for that. Disneyland has the Rivers of America closed, the train, fantasmic, etc. they want to get that stuff done.

From what I have heard DL is roughy 6 months ahead of WDW. So we are looking at an early to mid 2019 for Disneyland and a late 2019 for WDW.

I will say even WDW is moving at a decent pace.

Toy story for example is moving along quite well.

Yes Disneyland is farther ahead than WDW. However there are a couple reasons for that. Disneyland has the Rivers of America closed, the train, fantasmic, etc. they want to get that stuff done.

From what I have heard DL is roughy 6 months ahead of WDW. So we are looking at an early to mid 2019 for Disneyland and a late 2019 for WDW.

I will say even WDW is moving at a decent pace.

Toy story for example is moving along quite well.

Thanks Ryan - and I didn't mean it specifically of "Disneyland is fast, WDW is slow" just more that in general, in both parks, the projects are moving at a pretty good clip

I think your third point is spot on - I don't think DL wants to mess with local guests. It's already pushing it to put Star Wars into Disneyland itself, and I think they want to get it all done quickly and efficiently. It's kind of like DL answers to shareholders and local guests, whereas WDW really only answers to shareholders at this point (arguably to it's detriment).

OTOH, WDW also has Pandora, Toy Story, ROL, potential Tomorrowland and Epcot work - other stuff that they need to get started and finished simultaneously. It's a completely different situation with the sheer volume of stuff in the pipes.

DL seems more goal-oriented and focused, because they have to be. WDW has it's fingers in 7 different pies and still can't open a GD nighttime light show, but the parks are still busy - so they don't really get any punishment for the delays, slow progress, etc. Most guests don't know or don't care.

God I miss Disneyland. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter