News Round Up 2017

I haven't heard anything - positive or negative - about the dog resorts.... There was such a big outrage when it was announced... has anyone here brought the dog on vacation to WDW??

I actually just saw this review today:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2018/01/01/dog-friendly-review/

Now, it was just for a one night stay and it was someone used to traveling with their dog (they had stayed at universal for example as well) so not sure if t is the best example (and I see at least one comment on the story from someone with a very different experience) but it is at least one data point

There are fire stations with back-stage access to MK and Epcot. Lights and sirens (plus the option to drive in the opposing lane) will do wonders for emergency vehicles to respond where needed.

The cold arrived today. It's been 25 years since the last time we got caught in a cold snap while at WDW.

Last edited:

Now, it was just for a one night stay and it was someone used to traveling with their dog (they had stayed at universal for example as well) so not sure if t is the best example (and I see at least one comment on the story from someone with a very different experience) but it is at least one data point
The problem is the perspective---" love my dog and I had a great time"........The most disappointing thing is that on a one day stay at the very beginning of the dog days, she already has broken the leash rule. Don't care that it's a little dog-- she is writing a blog and setting a precedent.

The problem is the perspective---" love my dog and I had a great time"........The most disappointing thing is that on a one day stay at the very beginning of the dog days, she already has broken the leash rule. Don't care that it's a little dog-- she is writing a blog and setting a precedent.

I agree that it definitely just shows it from one point of view. I was glad to see some of the photos of the doggy relief areas and how it seems it is largely one way in and out and right by the rooms (at least in this case)

REALLY Touring Plans...you put in a picture of a dog off the leash with this caption: One of the dog policies is that dogs must be “leashed or restrained” while on property and as you can see in the picture, Sebastian is off leash. Sebastian’s mommy was holding his leach and was never farther than 3 feet away. If another guest had been anywhere in the vicinity we would have immediately put him back on the leash.

Maybe Sebastian's "mommy" should just follow the rules...Do we really need to show pictures of people breaking rules and then attempt to explain it away...what next, pictures of guests accessing restricted areas around rides "but it's ok because if any children had tried to follow them into the restricted area the guests would have told them no"

EDIT: the misspelling of leash as "LEACH" is not my typo but on the Touring Plans site, When re-reading my comment, I just found that typo funny, haha!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter