News Round Up 2017

Not that I want Disney to encourage too much drinking - but how great would it be to put a bar in the middle of the queue. "Ugh I've been standing here for 2 hours, sure gimmie a double!"

Oh, I have never waited in any line that says more than 90 minutes. Didn't think I ever would, but if they put a bar in there, I could be persuaded.....Some people have to stay at every single hotel. Me, I like to have one beer at every single bar.

Not that I want Disney to encourage too much drinking - but how great would it be to put a bar in the middle of the queue. "Ugh I've been standing here for 2 hours, sure gimmie a double!"

or even better do one of those "queueless" systems like at Universal (or I guess how Dumbo works in MK) where you don't have to stand in line but could pony up to a bar and wait for your buzzer to go off when the line is like 15 minutes long or something

or even better do one of those "queueless" systems like at Universal (or I guess how Dumbo works in MK) where you don't have to stand in line but could pony up to a bar and wait for your buzzer to go off when the line is like 15 minutes long or something

Wouldn't this greatly decrease the capacity of the land. Now instead of standing in line in a show building, thousands of people are crammed into the streets we are already worried about being too crowded to enjoy. I just don't see any way this isn't going to be a total mess when it opens and for years to come.

passing a bar or two wouldn't hurt either .... "I've been on line for 3 hours, you damn right I'll take some blue milk!!!"
What they need is something like the carousel restaurant in the land. You get on the extremely slow rotating part. Order a drink and app. Chit chat with the family. By the time the check arrives, it's your turn to hop on the ride.

Wouldn't this greatly decrease the capacity of the land. Now instead of standing in line in a show building, thousands of people are crammed into the streets we are already worried about being too crowded to enjoy. I just don't see any way this isn't going to be a total mess when it opens and for years to come.

The main way they can (and I think will) stop it from being a massive mess is to limit entry into the land, similar to what they did for Pandora early on. I can even see FP-style return times for entering into SW:GE. Or only allowed in with a FP+.

passing a bar or two wouldn't hurt either .... "I've been on line for 3 hours, you damn right I'll take some blue milk!!!"
But then there are 400 people pushing past you to get to the front of the line because they drank to much and had to go to the bathroom. Pet peeve lol

well, I meant the bar was part of the queue, so in the separated area (like the big top play and wait area for Dumbo) ... so roughly same footprint as if it was a queue of people, same number of people that would be queued up, just they aren't literally standing in a line

When I was there at Thanksgiving, they were giving people passes to get out of the 240 minute FOP line to go to the bathroom and come back.
We had several groups try the "my group is at the front" only to get to the front and have no one acknowledge them. They had to do a walk of shame out of the line. That's my big pet peeve. I get the rr breaks, though.

For what it's worth, any attraction that has a queue of 60 minutes or longer is avoided by my family 99 times out of 100. The avatar ride times just blow my mind. I can't believe people actually wait as long as the posted times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter