News Round Up 2016

What's left at this point? Fantasia? Snow White? Anything else?

Aristocats? Rescuers Down Under?

So I took all the Disney theatrical animated films and listed if there was a Live Action "Remake" Released/Announced/Speculated.

Some of it was done from memory while some of the data was taken from this article.

As you can see, their cup runeth over with other potential live action films. Did I miss anything?

Edit: Missed Little Mermaid...added to list.

Attachments

• disney movies.png
    disney movies.png
    20 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
So I took all the Disney theatrical animated films and listed if there was a Live Action "Remake" Released/Announced/Speculated.

Some of it was done from memory while some of the data was taken from this article.

As you can see, their cup runeth over with other potential live action films. Did I miss anything?

disney movies.png

I think The Little Mermaid is the only one you missed

Amazing how Kermit and Miss Piggy get massive applause and yet as a franchise the muppets just can't seem to stick..

The problem is *how* they have been trying to use them. I really wanted to like the recent show, but in the end, I couldn't. It was missing a lot of what makes the Muppets fun, eg: variety. The music segments at the end of most episodes were almost always the best part of the show. Having to slog through 20 minutes of Miss Piggy being a brat every single week was repetitive at best and boring at worst.

Jim Henson's "Muppets Tonight" should have been a primary influence instead of The Office.

It's really not difficult to "force" guests to move along. Just put a Cast Member at the back of the group and introduce the suggestion that there is a threat coming. That and lighting would keep anyone from becoming a straggler.

If you're unfamiliar, the Borg Invasion attraction at "Star Trek: The Experience" in Las Vegas had this exact scenario. It seemed to work well for them.

HHN at Universal keeps people moving too, probably at a much higher volume than the Star Trek thing for that matter. But it's apples and oranges compared to a mega E Ticket at WDW. Consider accessibility, small children, people who can get up to load into a vehicle but need an ECV or wheelchair to travel any distance. It's not impossible to keep crowds moving through a walk-through type attraction, but if you add into the equation multiple loading and unloading of ride vehicles it would be an absolute nightmare in terms of timing. Bottlenecks would be inevitable, keeping guests in show areas for indeterminate amounts of time.

I could be totally off-base here, but I think the loading and unloading part of the rumor is really preposterous. Who want to get on an attraction only to get back off again and queue for the next 1/3 of the experience. There will be enough issues for them to worry about with the functionality of new tech - they don't need to add intra-attraction guest herding on to their list of potential concerns.

Jim Henson's "Muppets Tonight" should have been a primary influence instead of The Office.

While I liked the show - this comment hit the main problem on the head. The original show really did have a lot of that back-stage stuff, but the back-stage stuff was always secondary to the variety acts. As the show went on - they started moving it more in that direction, but still more about "The Office" stuff, and I think the problem is that kind of stuff is about 5 years too late.

I said when the show came out that network TV was a mistake for the muppets anyways. They'll never be "mainstream" enough to appeal to the broad audience that network TV tries for. It should have been on ABC Family/Freeform, or possibly on a streaming service. The show can't cost a lot to make, that's for sure. No reason they can't find a forum for the Muppets within the media world right now.

I could be totally off-base here, but I think the loading and unloading part of the rumor is really preposterous. Who want to get on an attraction only to get back off again and queue for the next 1/3 of the experience. There will be enough issues for them to worry about with the functionality of new tech - they don't need to add intra-attraction guest herding on to their list of potential concerns.

All good points too on a different subject. Thinking about an experience like Haunted Mansion, where you queue for the stretching room and then enter a second queue area. This is doable, because you haven't gotten ON the ride yet - but yeah I agree if you take people OFF the vehicles, getting them back ON again without any issues is a nightmare. Especially since you will have to TRAIN people for this - it is not in their normal realm of experience, so there would have to be some level of "Please depart your vehicle" and "Please board your vehicle" and I don't know how they don't break the "4th wall" so to speak of loading/unloading....I just don't see it happening.

I agree but I think they can and should have you fail your mission if you don't do what you're supposed to. Mission Space did open with features similar to that but of course it was removed quickly. I'm sure there would be some leniency but if you fail you fail.

If MS had those features it must have been really a short time period-- I rode in the first month and no effect of missing your buttons-- How could they? every ride vehicle is on the same rotor-- I guess the individual car motions could be different, but still have to overall be the same...

If MS had those features it must have been really a short time period-- I rode in the first month and no effect of missing your buttons-- How could they? every ride vehicle is on the same rotor-- I guess the individual car motions could be different, but still have to overall be the same...
When it was being tested MS was a lot more intense then it is now. People were coming off the ride throwing up which is why they tuned it down a bit and added the barf bags.

When it was being tested MS was a lot more intense then it is now. People were coming off the ride throwing up which is why they tuned it down a bit and added the barf bags.

Yes we rode the original version. one of our daughters got sick. It was really intense. The astronauts they used to design it said the liftoff felt exactly like the real thing. Also said the weightlessness was really close. what were they thinking.

Yes we rode the original version. one of our daughters got sick. It was really intense. The astronauts they used to design it said the liftoff felt exactly like the real thing. Also said the weightlessness was really close. what were they thinking.

I REALLLLY wish they kept it that intense. I know it's not for everyone, but there are a large percentage of thrill seekers who would risk that and love to experience it.

Just wanted to mention that the hurricane latest track has it getting pretty close to Orlando. I keep updating the hurricane thread with updates. Rumors are that Disney is seriously considering parks closing on Friday. No early hours for sure. No word on anything universal is doing. Seaworld, legoland, and the space center are closing on Friday for sure some on Thursday. Anyone in Florida stay safe, take cover, and hope for the best.

Edit: Missed Little Mermaid...added to list.

Well... I guess they could always do something with the Pixar catalog. I can't imagine a lot of those benefiting from live action, but there are a couple such as Brave and The Incredibles.

News

Disney is starting to make moves regarding the incoming hurricane. Guests at Ft. Wilderness are being given accommodations in actual rooms.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/10/update-guests-disney-resorts-moved-due-hurricane-matthew/

Do they just always keep an "emergency" number of rooms available across property for things like this? I wonder if any of them got an awesome suite at a Monorail hotel or anything like that.

I stayed at Ft. Wilderness one night this year. It was fun. But I have no idea what tent campers are supposed to do if there is a lightening storm. My friend and I were planning to camp the first night of our trip, but on the drive down the weather was horrible and it showed no signs of stopping. We didn't think sleeping in a metal tent was such a good idea so we stopped early and got a room.

Do they just always keep an "emergency" number of rooms available across property for things like this? I wonder if any of them got an awesome suite at a Monorail hotel or anything like that.

I stayed at Ft. Wilderness one night this year. It was fun. But I have no idea what tent campers are supposed to do if there is a lightening storm. My friend and I were planning to camp the first night of our trip, but on the drive down the weather was horrible and it showed no signs of stopping. We didn't think sleeping in a metal tent was such a good idea so we stopped early and got a room.
I doubt they keep an emergency number of rooms. You can't prepare a large number of rooms like that. My guess is people were put wherever they had room.

Absolutely, 100% NO...

Disney does not hold rooms...they book to capacity. If this storm was hitting two days later...during a holiday weekend...they might have had issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter