News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

I personally wish they’d do away with encouraging perfect status. They have enough interest in their races that giving preferential treatment to the people fortunate enough to do every race every year isn’t necessary. I know there aren’t a gigantic number of “perfects” but as someone who just wants to do Dopey once, it’s frustrating to see people who get to do it every year and are given a freebie link to sign up while the rest of us normal people have to battle registration like it’s the Hunger Games.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I’m really anxious about getting into Marathon Weekend and am dreading registration day.

Although the "perfect" status may get hyped here or on other disney forums, it is a rather small percentage (I want to say W+D was less than 100 in 2019), and likely has no effect on regular registration. In the past, they have offered perfect runners a registration spot if they were unsuccessful during the regular registration period. Not sure what race you intend to register for, but even at the height of rD popularity, the marathon took more than a few days to sell out. If that is your race, hopefully, you won't have any trouble. If it is one of the others, good thoughts and hope you all get in. If it's your thing, there are always the charity groups and I think certain travel agents get an allotment. Look at the extra costs/commitments involved to see if it's worth it to you to secure a registration.

Last year, we had several people (4) trying to register on multiple devices. I was the only one who got onto the screen to enter everyone’s information. I made the mistake of entering everyone’s address. Then after I entered my CC number, it said something to the effect of “there is no more availability”. I was crushed.

Given how “old” the Marathon is, I wonder how many Perfect Dopeys there are? I will admit that I admire ANY Dopey, let alone a Perfect Dopey 😊
Cant tell you that, but RD did note that there were 76 perfect marathoners as of the 25th anniversary, they’ve all been given free lifetime marathon registrations. I think I had read somewhere that Dopey hasn’t been an “official” event for nearly as long.

Cant tell you that, but RD did note that there were 76 perfect marathoners as of the 25th anniversary, they’ve all been given free lifetime marathon registrations. I think I had read somewhere that Dopey hasn’t been an “official” event for nearly as long.

Dopey is pretty new. Goody started in 2006 and I don't think Dopey was official in 2011 when I did my last MW race.

ETA: Wikipedia (I know) says Dopey started in 2014.

Yeah, registration day is stressful. But I will share that I have been able to register for Dopey every year since 2016. This was with out access to any early registration. Just be ready to go at 10am on registration day. Make sure you are signed in and have a much as you can already entered. Fill in only what is necessary to complete the registration and make sure you have credit card in hand.

Wishing everyone luck! Going to be fun race this year!

Dopey began in 2014… at last count, there were approximately 400 “perfects”
As of Jan 16, some in our perfect Dopey group counted 475 (193 women and 283 men; avg age 46.47...all kinds of fun metrics these folks have pulled together). Disney doesn’t count the 2021 virtual against status.

I’m not offended by anyone questioning the benefits of perfects. I will say it’s become slightly more of a task and a tiny bit less fun, just a tiny bit. I haven’t used one of their links as of yet and always plan on reg day. But would use it if I couldn’t get in for whatever reason. Still, there’s a great deal of effort needed to keep this streak going. Some of these years have been brutal. I finished all four days in 2019 with a walking pneumonia, no joke and seriously against my better judgement (stupid even). That’s kind of how insidious this has gotten.

As of Jan 16, some in our perfect Dopey group counted 475 (193 women and 283 men; avg age 46.47...all kinds of fun metrics these folks have pulled together). Disney doesn’t count the 2021 virtual against status.

I’m not offended by anyone questioning the benefits of perfects. I will say it’s become slightly more of a task and a tiny bit less fun, just a tiny bit. I haven’t used one of their links as of yet and always plan on reg day. But would use it if I couldn’t get in for whatever reason. Still, there’s a great deal of effort needed to keep this streak going. Some of these years have been brutal. I finished all four days in 2019 with a walking pneumonia, no joke and seriously against my better judgement (stupid even). That’s kind of how insidious this has gotten.

Thanks for the stats! My wife is in that group ... I bailed out after the inaugural, LOL

Not the first time one of us runners has gone out against our better judgment but when you gotta run, you gotta run! ;)

Seriously, kudos for the streak. It is an amazing feat to train for and run 48.6 miles in one weekend every year!

Thanks for the stats! My wife is in that group ... I bailed out after the inaugural, LOL
Is she part of our Facebook group? I think we have 377 of the whole group. We use it to plan pic meetups and such so it’s helpful. I don’t use Facebook other than this one group. I think it’s “Perfectly Dopey RunDisney”. It’s a closed group and they do have a “bouncer” 😂.

Is she part of our Facebook group? I think we have 377 of the whole group. We use it to plan pic meetups and such so it’s helpful. I don’t use Facebook other than this one group. I think it’s “Perfectly Dopey RunDisney”. It’s a closed group and they do have a “bouncer” 😂.

She is! ...and yes - I hear the bouncer takes no guff!

anyone hear back if charities got their bibs yet? Last I saw was runDisney REMOVE the list of charities from the pages - if you do a search for 'charity' you can still find the star wars charities (like one-fifth of what they had listed before), but it was scrubbed from wine/marathon/princess....seems kind of odd.

Hi everyone, complete newbie to applying for the races and hoping you can help.

i see people talking about registration day (July 27th) and saying make sure youre signed in before hand.

Ive been onto the the RunDisney site and there is nowhere i can see that offers a "Sign in" link or even a "Create account"

is there somewhere i need to head to create this and can anyone provide a loink please if this is the case.

Ill be honest, 2 weeks ago i was a "Not going to go for 2022". The fact there is still no air corridor between us (UK) and the USA means its a few thousand dollar gamble because i wont get any refund if i cant fly. But im going to be double jabbed by the end of August and im hoping more places will be opening up!..... so time to roll the dice!

Hi everyone, complete newbie to applying for the races and hoping you can help.

i see people talking about registration day (July 27th) and saying make sure youre signed in before hand.

Ive been onto the the RunDisney site and there is nowhere i can see that offers a "Sign in" link or even a "Create account"

is there somewhere i need to head to create this and can anyone provide a loink please if this is the case.

Ill be honest, 2 weeks ago i was a "Not going to go for 2022". The fact there is still no air corridor between us (UK) and the USA means its a few thousand dollar gamble because i wont get any refund if i cant fly. But im going to be double jabbed by the end of August and im hoping more places will be opening up!..... so time to roll the dice!

At the bottom of the RunDisney page is a menu for “Help & Support”. If you click the “Manage Account” option there, it will give you the option to create an account.

Registration question - once you register for your first race, does the information stay in your account (such as shirt size, credit card info, etc) - making it quicker for the next one? I plan to try for virtual wine and dine and then register for Princess later so I'm hoping the info carries over, making the process faster?

anyone hear back if charities got their bibs yet? Last I saw was runDisney REMOVE the list of charities from the pages - if you do a search for 'charity' you can still find the star wars charities (like one-fifth of what they had listed before), but it was scrubbed from wine/marathon/princess....seems kind of odd.
Saw the same and concerned me, but have heard from two charities (one small and the other very large) that both say they have been told by RD they will have bibs but are still working with them to get everything completed and then will update registration links.

Saw the same and concerned me, but have heard from two charities (one small and the other very large) that both say they have been told by RD they will have bibs but are still working with them to get everything completed and then will update registration links.
Good to hear for you - hopefully all the charities they listed will get their requests filled. I'll try to be more patient but definitely crossing fingers I get in.

Registration question - once you register for your first race, does the information stay in your account (such as shirt size, credit card info, etc) - making it quicker for the next one? I plan to try for virtual wine and dine and then register for Princess later so I'm hoping the info carries over, making the process faster?

Unless something has changed for this year it is typically just name, address, and d.o.b.that seem to carry over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter