NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

But...all these dates posted by Flossbolna are all on Tuesdays...

Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014

Why is the assumption that it will be released on a Thursday?

Flossbina only provided the historical release dates for SUMMER. The last two releases (May 2017 and October 2017) both happened on a Thursday.

But...all these dates posted by Flossbolna are all on Tuesdays...

Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014

Why is the assumption that it will be released on a Thursday?
It just changed last year in May. Before that they were released on Tuesdays.

Is it possible that release of Fall itineraries in May seems to be a change in the usual day for them. It looks like the only time it's not Tuesday, is when it's in May...

Perhaps they'll still keep the Tuesday release date for Summer and Winter....I don't know, perhaps I'm just hoping it'll be released tomorrow.:)

Fall 2018 - May 11, 2017 - Thursday
Summer 2018 - February 21, 2017 - Tuesday
Winter 2018 - October 25, 2016 - Tuesday
Fall 2017 - May 24, 2016 - Tuesday
Summer 2017 - April 12, 2016 - Tuesday
Winter 2017 - October 6, 2015 - Tuesday
Fall 2016 - May 18, 2015 - Monday
Summer 2016 - March 24, 2015 - Tuesday
Winter 2016 - October 28, 2014 - Tuesday
Fall 2015 - May 19, 2014 - Monday
Summer 2015 - March 25, 2014 - Tuesday
Winter 2015 - November 12, 2013 - Tuesday

The Tuesday releases where when all Gold and Platinum CC members got one day ahead of everyone else. It was Tuesday announcement, Wednesday Gold+Platinum, Thursday everyone else.

Since they made a big deal out of the revised booking benefit, they will most likely keep the Thursday release for Summer 2019. This is the first Summer booking after this revision. They don’t want any booking day on the weekend because of staffing in the booking center. So, with 4 days when someone can start booking, they have to start with Platinum booking on either Monday or Tuesday. They got great feedback for giving people more time than just 24 hours to figure out what they want, so why would they not keep this?

I’ll settle this right now everyone... it has to be this Thursday because we are moving on Friday and I’ll be swamped all weekend... Last time they released Fall 2018 the day before we were boarding Anthem of the Seas... I was so frazzled with last minute packing and stuff that I didn’t have time to look info the DCL release until we came home.
So naturally this release HAS to happen when I’m not available haha.

I think after Iceland, Scotland and Norway I was a little underwhelmed by the Alaskan scenery. I've also driven all over Wyoming, Montana and Idaho which is breathtaking. The drive from Seattle to Vancouver was amazing, and both beautiful cities. The excursions were great. We had a blast. I would go back just for the excursions. If it came down to a balcony or dog sledding on a glacier I'd go for the later.

Thats kind of funny... we were underwhelmed by the fjords after Alaska!! :laughing: I completely agree with you on Scotland though - we really want to go back. We took a train up from London and lucked out with gorgeous weather and spent some time up in and around Inverness. I haven't been to Iceland and I'm not sure when we'll end up there... in the last few years airfare dropped so it was really popular to go the last couple of years but we haven't had time.

We much preferred sailing Alaska (you almost have to) but wished we had done Norway on our own. The day we had a rental in Alesund was by far our best day - we had a blast being in the scenery, driving the path of trolls, getting out and hiking and going at our own pace. Sailing we found dull since there was so much less wildlife to be on the lookout for versus Alaska. I've done the drive from Portland to Vancouver a bunch and its nice too - I really love driving out 84 towards the Gorge when we can more than I-5 though. We didn't end up doing dog sledding since you get so little time in the sled... We did take a helicopter to Mendenhall and hiked around with the full clamp ons and everything which was also fun instead! We made up for the lack of dog time by visiting the kennels up in Denali. They had just had pups! :lovestruc

I'm hoping they release soon... if only so I can give up on my crazy and completely unfounded pipe dream they'll go to Glacier Bay soon.

We much preferred sailing Alaska (you almost have to) but wished we had done Norway on our own. The day we had a rental in Alesund was by far our best day - we had a blast being in the scenery, driving the path of trolls, getting out and hiking and going at our own pace. Sailing we found dull since there was so much less wildlife to be on the lookout for versus Alaska.

I was thinking it would be fun to do a one way sail (probably on Hurtigruten) and then rent a car and drive back on your own. Or even do round trip DCL and then rent a car for a couple weeks. Norway is definitely high on my list (along with way too many other trips - ha)!

That would be an amazing trip! We talked ourselves out of it due to how expensive food can be there but... we should have just budgeted for it and done it! Now we know for next time what will work better for us. :thumbsup2

I was thinking it would be fun to do a one way sail (probably on Hurtigruten) and then rent a car and drive back on your own. Or even do round trip DCL and then rent a car for a couple weeks. Norway is definitely high on my list (along with way too many other trips - ha)!

My wife and I did a Hurtigruten cruise when she was pregnant with out first. It was the first cruise we ever did and we had an amazing time (even though we were in a force 12 gale at one point and things were a bit rough). While I couldn't even compare it now to our DCL cruise on any level we did have an amazing time. We even managed to stay in the snow hotel for a night.

The Tuesday releases where when all Gold and Platinum CC members got one day ahead of everyone else. It was Tuesday announcement, Wednesday Gold+Platinum, Thursday everyone else.

Since they made a big deal out of the revised booking benefit, they will most likely keep the Thursday release for Summer 2019. This is the first Summer booking after this revision. They don’t want any booking day on the weekend because of staffing in the booking center. So, with 4 days when someone can start booking, they have to start with Platinum booking on either Monday or Tuesday. They got great feedback for giving people more time than just 24 hours to figure out what they want, so why would they not keep this?

Okay...that makes sense. Although if they really want to give us more time, they can release it today and keep the first booking on Monday....less scrambling by everyone, especially the TAs...give them more time to get their clients' choices organized and allow everyone to have more time to discuss it...

It'll probably create less cancellations. No one should have to book anything this large with only a few days to think about it. I think most of us here already knows the itinerary we're booking, but there are more people who aren't on these boards. I'm sure DCL wants more first timers.

Okay...that makes sense. Although if they really want to give us more time, they can release it today and keep the first booking on Monday....less scrambling by everyone, especially the TAs...give them more time to get their clients' choices organized and allow everyone to have more time to discuss it...

It'll probably create less cancellations. No one should have to book anything this large with only a few days to think about it. I think most of us here already knows the itinerary we're booking, but there are more people who aren't on these boards. I'm sure DCL wants more first timers.

My biggest issue is not the time frame, but the lack of pricing info. So, a lot of people book on the first day just to get their foot inthe door and then when they had time to think about the price, they end up cancelling. However, I guess DCL prefers this as it a) drives prices up and b) it is more difficult psychologically to cancel a booking that was already made then to decide beforehand that the cruise is just too expensive.

My biggest issue is not the time frame, but the lack of pricing info. So, a lot of people book on the first day just to get their foot inthe door and then when they had time to think about the price, they end up cancelling. However, I guess DCL prefers this as it a) drives prices up and b) it is more difficult psychologically to cancel a booking that was already made then to decide beforehand that the cruise is just too expensive.

I agree on all your points. Although I want to expect DCL to release the prices with the itinerary, their method must be working in most cases. We can't expect them to change it.

Never booked a cruise before, so I want to be sure I get it. When DCL opens for public booking, cruises will be available for booking online thru Disney and also places like Costco, correct?

Never booked a cruise before, so I want to be sure I get it. When DCL opens for public booking, cruises will be available for booking online thru Disney and also places like Costco, correct?

Yes - should be. I've had to call Costco when booking as Gold since public pricing wasn't in their system. But you shouldn't have trouble if general pricing has been released.

Yes - should be. I've had to call Costco when booking as Gold since public pricing wasn't in their system. But you shouldn't have trouble if general pricing has been released.
Is there an advantage to booking through Costco versus the Disney website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter