• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newport Bay

rachel8u

I LOVE DISNEY ;)
When you stay in Newport Bay hotel Lakeside room-do you get a balcony????? I just want to know. I am excited!!!!! :bounce: Holidays rock

You might get a room with a balcony, but there are very few...so I guess most of the people booked lake view wont. :earseek:

Greets Renate

We stayed in the Newport Bay in June 2002. I booked a non smoking room with a lakeview on the Admirals floor. It was our 25th wedding anniversary so wanted something a bit special.
When we arrived our room was not ready,when eventually we did get a room, it was on a smoking floor, and most definately did not have a lake view, even though it was on the front of the building, in fact it had virtually no view. we were very disapointed I had wanted it to be soo special.
I complained, the brochure that we had used to book our holiday showed the room on the admirals floor had a balcony (very nice picture) which is why I booked the admirals floor, it was a bit of a fight I ended up showing them the brochure to proove my point, (I have learnt through experience to take the holiday brochure with us when we go on holiday ) We were then given the room with the balcony, I have to say that it was given to us very grudgingly, they were not happy bunnies at the reception desk, any body would think we were pulling their teeth !
The room was lovely, but smaller than we expected. We had our view and our balcony though so we didn't care. I have to say the tussle with the reception staff had taken a little of the magic of disney away but we went on to have a great time.
If you look at a picture ofthe hotel when taken across the lake (I imagine it is in fact the back of the hotel ) very few rooms have a balcony. My advice is if you want a room with a balcony to request it,as for lake side view I guess that it is open to interpretation. The first room we were shown had a lake side veiw but only if we were giraffes with no fear of heights ! Lol It was actualy facing another part of the building and you had to lean a long way out of the window (too far ) and turn your head to the left just to glimpse a view of the lake. These comments are made just on our experience of course, sorry if they are a bit too negitive. The important thing to remember is that we did have a great time in the end, and it was only because it was our 25th wedding anniversary that the balcony and a proper lake view were so important to me.

Hi rachel8u

I am currently sat in my mu Lake View room in the NPB, and I do not think it matters if you get a balcony or not. Our room does not have a balcony but the view is just as magical! The balconies are very small and although it maybe a little more magic it is the view and location that count!!!

Hi Russ!

Wow you've done that post from NPB, I am so impressed! Hope you are having a fabulous time :)

Aren'tsome people clever Karen, he must have taken his laptop, or do they have internet access there?

he went off before i could ask about the weather, I've had 2 totally different reports for the beginning of next week . one :sunny: and other is :umbrella:

Berwyn

3 days to Sequoia Lodge (justDW :love2: and me) for 5 days

Russ

Sounds great and I am so envious
icon12.gif
Have a great time

I agree with you about the balcony, they are a bit small and a bit of a headache when you have a son who climbs everywhere, and a husband who suffers from vertigo - so much for romance :confused3
I agree with you about the view, it is the most important to me too - my husband thinks I've lost the plot when I get worked up about a room with a view he's happy with a car parking lot on the basis that you don't spend much time in the room anyway. What can I say

Hi All!!

The weather has been amazing!!! We have had nothing but sun the whole week. It has been a bit too hot at times!

I am sad and took my laptop on holiday! They have got wireless internet on the Admirals Floor..for a price! It is through Orange France details are on there site or I am happy to answer any questions when I return which is Friday night...boo!

Enjoy the rest of your time there Russ! Is it busy?

Fairly busy, but no major wait times. The highest I have seen is 45mins for BTM...Oh...and of course 60mins on Peter Pan!!

Thanks for the weather report Russ. :sunny: for the wekkend and restof week I hope. :sunny:

Berwyn

2 days to Sequoia Lodge DLRP :Pinkbounc :cheer2: (just DW :love: and me) :hourglass

BCT - have you checked the weather with yahoo? Im going on 2nd June and for us it was showing rain showers for the entire trip but ive checked again today and it shows dry for the last day!! Why cant they just put a big brolly over the whole of the parks!!! :earseek:

Widget,
I checked Yahoo too and got :umbrella: , but BBC and AOL weather said :sunny: with cloud
Pack every thing just in case LOL :Pinkbounc

Berwyn

2 days to Sequoia Lodge :cheer2: :banana: (just DW :love: and me ) for 5 days

We were lucky enough to get a balcony last time we went. I think the fact we were staying for 8 nights helped!

2452paris_2003_096-med.jpg

First and only time we stayed at NPBC we had booked a standard room. When we arrived we were shown into a lovely room with a lake view and balcony. I guess it was because we were there in May and it wasn't too busy so they gave us a free upgrade :cloud9:

Now that view is worth waking up too, especially with the introduction of PanoraMagique.

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter