Newport Bay vs. Sequoia Lodge

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Can anyone compare and contrast these two hotels for me? Looking at either a Golden Forest Club or a Compass Club room. Newport Bay looks to be just a touch more money. Any thoughts, including difference in walking distance, would be much appreciated. Thank you!

To me there is not that much difference, if you want to use the pool, in Sequoia it is in a separate building, the walkway is covered, but you have to get out of the main building. With NewPort Bay you can stay indoors.

I preferred Sequoia Lodge, but to be honest that wasn't to do with the quality of the hotel per se (found them much of a muchness), but just down to that it was a slightly shorter walk to the parks than from the NPB, which in the evenings when you're going back to your room after a long day on your feet, can make all the difference!

Don't forget to mention that the Sequoia pool has a slide which might tip the balance if you have kids :-) it did with me on one of our trips :-)

Don't forget to mention that the Sequoia pool has a slide which might tip the balance if you have kids :-) it did with me on one of our trips :-)
That could tip the scales but I can’t find rooms at Sequoia that have the extra couch/bed; which we really like to have. Thanks for all the replies!

I have stayed in both hotels too and my favourite will always be the SQL.

It was our very first hotel and our first visit to DLP and we trie to stay there ever since. We never had bad experience with CM at the SQL (CM at NPC are great also) and they helped us at a horrible stay in 2015.

The walking distance is not so different but the security check on the left site of the lake (walking parth from NPC) is not so crowdy.

The pool at the SQL has a slide and I prefer it to the pool at NPC.

NPC is too large for me.

After all I would prefer the SQL (with Castle Club if possible) and you will get a great themed hotel with fantastic CM in good walking distance to the village and park entrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter