Newport Bay refurbs

jemmmx

Earning My Ears
Hi All.

Looking to book DLP staying at Newport Bay in late November.
Have seen that they are refurbing the whole hotel, section at a time.

Has anyone been recently and know they are getting on with the work or has a completion date for the East Wing rooms been announced yet?

jemmmx said:
Hi All.

Has anyone been recently and know they are getting on with the work or has a completion date for the East Wing rooms been announced yet?

I have no answers but I'm also interested to know! We go late Nov also and I think the pool should have reopened but I'm unsure about the status of the room refurb. I might go post on twitter to see if anyone there has heard too!

Hi All.

Surprise,surprise, they are already behind schedule on the refurb. East wing was originally scheduled for completion in May but is now expected to finish in July or August.

The pools are supposed to be reopening in October or November, but we are going in December and have decided not to book NPB as I fully expect that to run over schedule too.

The whole refurb is scheduled to take 3 years as it is such a large hotel.

Jules1212 said:
Surprise,surprise, they are already behind schedule on the refurb. East wing was originally scheduled for completion in May but is now expected to finish in July or August.

The pools are supposed to be reopening in October or November, but we are going in December and have decided not to book NPB as I fully expect that to run over schedule too.

The whole refurb is scheduled to take 3 years as it is such a large hotel.

Thanks for the info!

We are going late October so will update you when we get back if you like. We are hoping for a refurbished room and aren't too fussed on lack of pool.

disneyangel said:
We are going late October so will update you when we get back if you like. We are hoping for a refurbished room and aren't too fussed on lack of pool.

Us too as regards the pool & rooms. That would be brilliant thanks

Cheers for the info guys. We aren't too bothered about the pool, probably won't use it even if it is open! But would definitely like a refurbed room. Have always liked Newport Bay but thought it could do with an update, so will probably book it for November and just hope for a new room!

Is it possible to request a refurbished room prior to arrival or on arrival?

You can certainly ask, but you can't be guaranteed a refurbished room until the hotel has been completely refurbed.

Disneyland Paris is going to be featured on the BBC1 TV show Watch Dog 8pm Wednesday) next week about the refurbishment of the NPBC.

Apparently some guests have complained they were not advised that the hotel was under refurbishment.

This is the latest info I could find:

Indoor swimming pool*, jacuzzi, sauna & steam room closed until October 2014 & 5th-16th January 2015.

Outdoor swimming pool* will be open according to weather conditions.
Outdoor kids play area: Closed until further notice. * Pool access is from 3pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure.

NOTE: The East aisle (524 rooms) will be closed for refurbishment from 1 November 2013 until further notice. During this period the following facilities will be closed:

Outdoor pool; indoor pool and whirlpool; sauna and steambath; massage; fitness room; game room.

A 2nd and 3rd phases of refurbishment will follow for the Central building and the West aisle of the hotel. The precise dates of these phases will be communicated later.

Yacht Club & Cape Cod Restaurants: Closed until 31st July 2014. During this time, the Cape Cod's buffet breakfast will be served in the hotel's convention center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter