Newport Bay Info please

Admiral

Earning My Ears
Arriving DLP on Sunday and staying at NBC for 5 days. Finished work today for 10 days therefore excitement starting to build. Packing cases at the moment and trying to decide what to take. Can anyone tell me if we will require to bring the toiletries normally provided in a decent hotel (shower gel, shampoo etc.). Also are towels provided in the rooms and at the leisure club. Do the rooms have tea/coffee facilities or will we have to bring our own. Is the in-room fridge/mini bar free, just pay for drinks taken, or is their an extra charge for this service. Any other advice greatly appreciated.

Hi

Can't answer all your questions I'm afraid, as we've only stayed at Santa Fe and Cheyenne. Soap is provided at those hotels but shampoo and shower gel aren't, probably would be at NBC though. Towels are provided in the room, not sure about leisure club. I know that kettles can be borrowed from reception in some DLP hotels so if you don't have tea/coffee facilities in the room then I'd ask at reception.

Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe someone who's stayed at NBC can help more, just wanted to say have a great trip and tell us about it when you get back!! :cool1:

Hi, we spent Christmas there (admirals floor so I'm not sure if that makes a difference). We had a minibar full of very expensive things, which we didn't touch at all. This was our 4th stay at a DLRP hotel and our only time we didn't have tea and coffee facilities in the room, which I was quite suprised by. We asked at reception and were told they could supply a kettle, but that a 'tea box' would be 18euros. By this time we were desperate for a cup of tea and ordered it... but it never arrived despite 3 calls to room service. That was the only bit of bad service we'd ever had at Disney in fact.

There was soap, shampoo, shower gel in the room (disney brand obviously). I did like the Newport as it felt a bit posher than the others we had stayed at, just suprising that you get less facilities in your room than you do in the cheaper hotels!

Loads of towels and also pool towels for admirals floor (not that we ever got there!) but I don't think they supply pool towels for non admirals guests.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask

Charmed :flower1:

Thanks for the info.
Our flight gets into CDG at 13.20 and by the time we get our luggage and transfer to the hotel I imagine it will be nearer 3.00pm before we arrive. I have been reading that check-in at this time can be a bit of a zoo. Any tips on how to handle this one!
I have booked Cape Cod for the first night and decided to wait until we arrived to decide where to eat on the other nights. I fancied the character dinner at either Lucky Nugget Saloon or Inventions. Reading recent reviews LNS was said to have no atmosphere and Inventions was >€50 per head. Do you have any more info for these restaurants or do you have any tips for other restaurants.

Sorry not done either of the restaurants (see food at DLRP paris thread for more recommmendations). We actually checked in and got our room at 11am, we were told as we were shareholders we could have our room early. As I said we were on Admirals floor (which only worked out about £40 more) and there is a desk just for admirals floor guests so well worth not queing up!

Thanks to all for the tips, getting some sleep now for an early start. Will write a report on our return.
Best Wishes

Tom, Elaine & Jenna

Hi,

you can get kettles for free if you ask at the reception (but then you need to buy some instand coffe or tea or bring it with you. The teabasket is 8 €.

I would prefer the character dinner at the Inventions, cause the food is much better and the atmosphere also. The dinner buffet is 43 € (incl. tax and service!)

Another restaurant for Character dinner is the Cafe Mickey at the Village. The dinner is 32€ there.

You will find a lot of pictures on our website www.dlrp.spantig.net

BTW: we are at DLRP from Wednesday to Friday, if you like to meet feel free to send an email or PM.

Greets Renate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter