• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newport Bay Club Rennovations

Tink78

DIS Veteran
Hi

Thinking of booking up here for 3rd-7th Jan 2016, but the prices are coming cheap, even cheaper than Santa Fe.
Is this because of the rennovations?

Are they likely to be done by Jan 2016?

Thanks
Karen

Sorry, they aren't cheaper than Santa Fe, my bad. But they are still very cheap.

I'm going there mid November. I hope we'll get a renewed room. We propably will, right?

I think they are only giving up only new rooms now... we are checking in on Sunday so will update next week whats the latest there:flower1:

Just a heads up for anyone else looking 14th-18th April 2a 2c the new compass club room, booking on the Holland website £571! (Euro 816)

I'd hope they would be, it seems like it has being going on for ever !

just come back on Wednesday and had a great time, no problems with works at all... our room was on the 4th floor and we had a partial lake view, no scaffolding on the most of the east wing now and we were able to open windows etc... thats the view we had...
wahcfn.jpg

22cfbm.jpg

our and friends rooms were adjoining rooms and kids loved it, what was interesting their room was accessible one and they had one double bad and bunk bed...

normal hair dryer now in bathroom... but we didnt have any bathrobes thought?

2mzbbbd.jpg

reception area looks fine now
10nbwk4.jpg

izn95e.jpg

I "think" that during the day part of the bar area is used as a lodge for adminar floor guests

access to luggage storage is from outside, dont know if it was always like it or its a temp thing

both pools and restaurants are open and with not so many guests now it was really nice as not busy at all...

and just few more pics of hotel from the last few days... HTH

r2t94g.jpg

8wimmr.jpg

2s0bjhz.jpg

Hi

Thinking of booking up here for 3rd-7th Jan 2016, but the prices are coming cheap, even cheaper than Santa Fe.

Thanks
Karen

We're going 6-10th Jan and staying at Compass Club in NBC with a lake view... just a heads up that we got a great deal on the Irish DLRP site... paid £410 for 4 nights with tickets for 1 person (DH has an AP). Maybe see ya there! x

We've got pretty similar dates to you OP - the 7th to the 11th of Jan, and for two adults and one child (well... 17yo) it's coming up as only £130 more than Santa Fe!

I've wanted to stay there for aaaaages though (it's by far my favourite resort), so I think I'd be a tad upset if all the netting and scaffolding was still up during our visit. Do you think there will be a good chance of it being down?x

Hi

Thanks
Karen

We are looking at the exact same dates. Haven't booked yet. Where exactly did you find cheaper prices for NPBC then Santa Fe please? Thanks. :)

Good pics - I did enjoy staying here - even with all the work going on! Hope you had a great trip.:) I am so surprised that Disney let this hotel fall into such disrepair and look forward to the finished renovations!!

Can't wait to stay there next May, it's looks like it's going to be very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter