Newly Gluten Free

THANK YOU!!! It looked so familiar and I couldn’t place it!

You're welcome! Last summer when my friend and I were cruising to Greece on RCCL, we used this pic as our primary door magnet. :) It felt appropriate!

Erin McKenna's Bakery has some items that we find very tasty but yes, there are some that are not. I personally don't eat the items that contain agave nectar because it makes me nauseous (so does tequilla-same plant). I really love her lemon tea cake and cinnamon sugar doughnuts. I have had her make a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting as a special order without the agave nectar and it was fantastic. My daughter loves her cupcakes, brownies and dipped cookies. It is all VERY expensive but we love the ability to get treats that are GF, egg free, and peanut/tree nut free to work with my GF needs and my daughter's allergy needs.

Don't worry at all about GF at Disney World! I also have an autoimmune disease and am GF and my husband tested "weak positive" for Celiac so is also GF and our trip to Disney World was AMAZING. Sanaa's GF naan bread is so delicious and was the highlight of our trip as far as food goes. We had great meals everywhere, whether it was table service or quick service. I viewed the allergy menus online in advance so I had an idea of what my choices were so I would be able to have a nice variety of foods on the trip and not eat allergy chicken strips every day. Although the allergy chicken strips are awesome because how often can you get GF chicken strips as a choice at a restaurant?? Lol

I would recommend checking out the blog "Alexis's Gluten Free Adventures". She has reviews and allergy menus from so many Disney restaurants. We already had a WDW vacation booked when our son was diagnosed with Celiac a few years ago and we were also worried about the food situation. I found her website invaluable in helping us choose which restaurants to eat at. We've been several times since the diagnosis and haven't had any issues. I would also recommend speaking to a chef whenever possible because they can sometimes prepare things not necessarily listed on the allergy menus.

We have always wanted to try Sanaa but have never quite made it over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It sounds delicious and is actually Alexis's favorite restaurant to eat at because of the wonderful gluten free dishes and bread service. We haven't eaten at Teppan Edo but I do know they will scour the cooking surface for you to remove any potential cross contaminants before eating.

We just got back from a February trip and my son's favorite restaurant was the Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen in MK. The fried chicken was delicious, maybe even more so than the fried chicken at 50's Prime Time Cafe (which we also had).

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter