"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Hmmm I didn't think about looking for cups with straws. We might have to head to WalMart later and see what they have. I have some Kohls cash, too, and they're conveniently located right next to each other.. and Lucas is driving me nuts. 3 teeth at one time is just not fair. He's better with Motrin but I really try not to give it to him until he's making us both miserable. :rotfl:

Do the top teeth usually hurt more/take longer? His bottom teeth just popped out overnight, no fuss at all. These top ones are pretty much out but not quite all the way. And he's getting a lower lateral incisor at the same time so he's just PISSED. All the time.

Question on the Maclarens! What's the difference between the Triumph and the Quest? I see that one has "four positions" and the other had "2-5 postions"...I can view an interactive recline on the Quest but not the Triumph...

From what I can tell there is very little difference between the Quest and the Triumph.
The Quest's seat is a little deeper, it has an extended leg rest area and one extra recline position. The only reason I bought the Quest was it was only $10 more expensive on ebay than the Triumphs.

I'd love DVC to, but when I price everything out the dues are more than we'd normally pay for a room. I hate that they cost so much more points for the weekend and I love my quiet pools at POR. If we ever had a windfall or inheritance I'd be all over it though. All our money goes into the "bigger house in a better city" fund.

Sorry I've been MIA. Aunt Flo kicked my tush! Feeling more normal now. :teeth:

Patsy, when you get a cup with a straw make sure the straw doesn't have a valve!!! I bought some for Lily and they are even too hard for me to use, let alone her!

Question on the Maclarens! What's the difference between the Triumph and the Quest? I see that one has "four positions" and the other had "2-5 postions"...I can view an interactive recline on the Quest but not the Triumph...

Don't quote me on it, but I don't think any of the Maclarens recline flat. I've got an older Triumph that's seen 3 Disney trips & while it does recline somewhat, it does not go flat. Why they're reccomended for older babies & kids, I think. I mean it's a pretty good recline & my son definitely napped in it @ Disney, but not flat.

You're right Valerie...none of them go flat, which I find strange. The Quest goes a tiny bit further back than the Triumph.

If I had bought mine any where besides ebay, I would've got the Triumph for sure!

Sarah, which style Vera bag did you get in Purple Punch?? I'm a woman on a mission.

Thanks. I'm on the hunt for the Quest then - I have that Ebay seller saved and I'll just watch for one that we want.

Ahhh. I don't love the Hipster. It's a good vacation bag from me but it's not going to work for everyday anymore.

I'm just going to have to leave the boy with DH tonight so I can go browse styles in peace. I'm 99% sure I'm letting my mother buy me the Hobo in Call me Coral, but I'm sooo torn on which one to get in Raspberry Fizz.

Ahhh. I don't love the Hipster. It's a good vacation bag from me but it's not going to work for everyday anymore.

I'm just going to have to leave the boy with DH tonight so I can go browse styles in peace. I'm 99% sure I'm letting my mother buy me the Hobo in Call me Coral, but I'm sooo torn on which one to get in Raspberry Fizz.

I definitely recommend seeing them in person. The website is no help at all as far as I'm concerned. I don't like big bags and judging size from the measurements is impossible.

I think I'm in the minority in that I love the Hipster. I just think it has the perfect pocket ratio for me. :love:

I carry more crap than that thing can hold. I probably carry 5-6 envelopes with coupons with me at all times. A wallet full of membership/gift cards. My actual wallet. Cell phone, keys, Kindle, sanitizer, lotion, chapstick, etc... that is just what is with me at ALL times. Other stuff tends to make it's way in there, too.

I'm really digging the Hobo, I think. Happy Birthday to me... Happy Birthday to me... :rotfl: Mom doesn't wanna buy me something for baby, she wants something for me. So I said Vera!

Makes sense to me. I've always been very minimal in my purse contents. I can get everything I need plus diapers, wipes and a change of clothes in my Hipster. :thumbsup2

crap, that would drive me nuts to have it that packed!

Of course, I carry bottles/formula/extra water/clean liners/diapers/wipes/a stuffed kangaroo/stuffed koala/other assorted toys at all times.

I need a diaper bag to tote all that junk.

I haven't only carried my Hipster in months...We've been using my Vera diaper bad instead. :teeth:

I looked at those but I don't think there is enough room to carry for 2 kids. And I like the idea of the Skip Hop's attaching to the Maclaren.

So I think I'm sticking with a Skip Hop for now... lol

I didn't get to go to Walmart to look at sippy cups yet, but I'll keep that in mind about the valve. What kind did you get??

Those are the ones with the valve. Do Not Buy!

I haven't bought any other straw ones yet...need to do that...and a million other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter