Newer Board Games You Enjoy

#1hoosierfan

DIS Veteran
Looking at buying a new board game for the family. My boys are 14 and 16. I’m the only one who really “enjoys” playing games, but they humor me. Thinking of getting Outsmarted. Does anyone have it? What others would you recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_7558.png
    IMG_7558.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 3
There’s also a ranking / list of board games for families on that website I shared in the previous post. Reading through, I don’t know most of the newer ones, but my old favourites are Ticket to Ride, Pandemic (although less fun now), Carcassonne, 7 Wonders, Puerto Rico, Power Grid, Agricola…

Looking at buying a new board game for the family. My boys are 14 and 16. I’m the only one who really “enjoys” playing games, but they humor me. Thinking of getting Outsmarted. Does anyone have it? What others would you recommend?
I ordered Outsmarted for our family for Christmas, I read really good reviews. So hoping it's a good one! We don't have a lot of new games right now, we keep going back to the classics (catan, ticket to ride, splendor, rummikub, etc).

Also we enjoy the classics like rummikub, monopoly, pay day (that one may be a bit young for your crew).

I was looking at Outsmarted also, I'm still debating. Its myself, my husband, and our DD13 and I try to get a family game each year for Christmas. Like the original poster, I am the only one that really enjoys it also, but the others humor me :) We have found the newer games to be very hit or miss and tend to repeat a lot of our older games - Monopoly, Skip Bo, Phase 10, Uno... (I kind of lean toward card games if I'm picking :) )

Nothing new - but in case you don't already play these; we like Catan and for a shorter game we play Sequence and although not a board game we have been having fun playing Dominos the train version.

Hogwarts Battle is really fun - cooperative deck building game.
Everdell
Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion (maybe more involved than you are looking for) (also a cooperative game)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter