Newbie ?

switch15foot

Mouseketeer
Haven't really ever done a cruise. But looking to plan on in Jan-Mar, 2017 on RC and than fingers crossed that I'll also be doing Land Sea Land Disney Trip that will allow a visit to MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2017.

What extras do you have to pay for on RC (and for those that know of DCL)?

Recommendations for which Ship, way too much to choose from. Two adults and likely looking at 7-10 days cruise somewhere warm.

Any help would be appreciate, just not sure where to start.

Welcome to cruising! I would suggest that you visit www.cruisecritic.com. They have great forums and a wonderful section for first time cruisers. As for extra costs, many of those are at your discretion (drinks, specialty dinning, shore excursions, souvenirs etc.). While we usually pay for ship sponsored shore excursions, we never pay for specialty dinning and do not spend much on drinks. We have water, and ice tea at dinner, and get water, lemonade, or ice tea from the Windjammer buffet during the day. However, you can buy various drink packages if you prefer.

It's so hard to tell someone else where to cruise first! :)

We chose Alaska first because we didn't want to go somewhere hot.

Others generally choose differently. :)

What extras do you have to pay for on RC (and for those that know of DCL)?

Alcohol, espresso drinks, bottled water, sparkling water. Good ice cream (Ben and Jerry's kiosks on all or most Royal ships, and now Disney is getting in on that with Vanellope's, but I don't know what brand it is or if it's decent ice cream). (note: cheaper ice cream and "soft serve" is available for free on both lines) Fancier dining (like Chops on Royal or Palo on Disney). Gratuities. One line (cannot remember which) has some sort of virtual reality golf game thing, I think?

On royal you pay for soda, but anyone who thinks the premium price for Disney doesn't include the "free" soda is just being silly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter