• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie to Boards & WDW

betsyboop

Mouseketeer
Hello, Everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm brand new to these boards, and also have never been to Disneyworld! Looking for all the advice I can get!
Thank you in advance! :wave:

;)
Welcome! Give us some details, traveling with kids, partner etc??? Planning to stay on-site or off? When do you plan to travel?

:flower: Hope you get all the info you'll need here to help you plan your first trip to the World!Have fun! :wizard:

Welcome! Give us some details, traveling with kids, partner etc??? Planning to stay on-site or off? When do you plan to travel?

There will be 9 of us - myself, DH, DD16, DD10, DB, DSIL, and my mother - age 73!
My mom is the one I'm most concerned about, with the hot weather, so any tips you can give me to make it better for her will be much appreciated!
We'll be going June 25-July 2, 2005 (I know - worst time of the year for the heat!) and will be staying at Cypress Pointe.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Best advice I could give you would be to be there each morning when the parks open. Take afternoon breaks back at your hotel. Return again that evening recharged and ready for more magic. :earsboy:

Stay on-site! Even though off-site hotels advertise 1-2 miles away, when you factor in the parking and navigating Disney roads it's much easier to stay on-site and use Disney transportation. The Disney bus system is tops and no-hassle! We drive to Disney since we live close, but we park when we get there and don't get back in the car until we're going home.

I agree you should go early when it's cooler and less crowded. Head back to the hotel for an afternoon break, then (if you have the energy) go back to a park in the evening. Don't be afraid to hang out at the hotel! Disney hotels have great landscaping, pools and usually have entertainment for kids - arcades, storytelling, etc. Remember - it's a vacation. :earsgirl:

Welcome.
I agree with diathoney Stay on site. If it is your first trip you will love the MAGIC

Well, while I would love to stay onsite, we've already booked Cypress Pointe (timeshare thing) :confused3
Since this is our first time, I thought maybe I'd make sure DH sees how much better it would be to stay onsite, and then do that next time! :flower:
Cypress Pointe advertises that it is right near DTD, and very close to the parks - can anyone translate that for me (like is it walking distance to DTD, and how long would it take to drive to the parks?)

Hi All,
I have been away since Nov. We are planning our trip for next Nov. (Here comes New Jersey again), but I can't remember how to personalize my posts.
I need advise.
Thanks and see everyone soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter