Newbie Questions

JB22

Mouseketeer
Hi all, first time camping at the fort this august.

I have a few questions for you all.

1. is there any lists of the must do things at the fort?
2. can you rent firepits that are approved to use there?

We are flying down, we own a place in davenport but the kids want to camp a few nights so going to give it a shot. probably buy a tent to keep down there, not sure.

looking for any tips and tricks! Thanks guys.

JB Welcome You have found the bestest forum . Asking for MUST does at The Fort and you will get AS MANY RESPONSES AS YOU HAVE RESPONDENTS.
For us a good starting point would include :
Electric Water Pageant
Touring the barn were the Percheron horses are housed ( Take time to check out Cinderella's ponies next door.
While no guarantee he will be there during your stay but if the BLACKSMITH is working I found it worth the time
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue dinner Show is an absolute must My DW lets me book another trip as long as she gets this and Tony's on Main Street
Take time to explore the grounds and find what YOU like
ENJOY Yourselves
Consider getting an AC adaptable tent and get an AC Heat and Humidity at that time of year are going to make a tent very warm

And don't forget the camp fire sing along with chip and dale! That's my kids' favorite thing to do at the fort...along with riding their bikes. Have fun!!

1. Rent a golf cart and ride around looking at people's set ups and decorations.
2. No they do not rent fire pits. Great idea though!

Take time to explore the grounds and find what YOU like
Along this lines... the "Ambiance" music is one of those things to enjoy while exploring.

Our last trip we did the "Early Check-in" and I told the DW that if we got our Site number texted to us before arrival, that we wouldn't have to stop at the outpost. She was very adamant that we DO stop because she just loves it hearing the "Music" that is playing in the background.

Thanks All! Looking forward to it! So you can see the electrical water pageant from there?

Weve done the Hoopty Do Review 2x and its great, we are doing Mickeys BY BBQ this time to try something different.

Thanks All! Looking forward to it! So you can see the electrical water pageant from there?

Weve done the Hoopty Do Review 2x and its great, we are doing Mickeys BY BBQ this time to try something different.

The EWP passes by the Fort marina.

Hello everyone, we are newbies to FW but not to WDW and new to this forum. Our last trip to the world was December 2016. During that trip we took a day to tour the resorts. We found out that we loved the look and feel of FW and decided that on our next trip we would stay there. So we are bringing our 34 foot Class A diesel pusher from Idaho this coming Oct 1st. It's just my husband and me. Question: are there a lot of adults only that enjoy the nightly campfires and other activities that seem geared more towards kids? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter