Newbie Question

FeatureFoil

Earning My Ears
Hi! :wave2:

I am new, my Father is a DVC Member and we are staying at Saratoga Dec 8-13. Usually we stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk. We even would go to AKL or BLT but none were available. I have two questions...

1. The online system is showing availability at Beach Club for 3 of the nights. We would consider splitting. When my Dad calls to move us they say no availability even though on line it says yes. What do you make of that?

2. If we split now, would that increase our chances of getting the other two nights because we would be there for three?

3. Does Disney ever "hold on" to rooms? If so when would they be "released"? It strikes us as odd that at 7 months out we could not get in to our top 4 resorts during what is a supposed quiet time.

Thank you for any thoughts you may have.

Kate

Hi! :wave2:

I am new, my Father is a DVC Member and we are staying at Saratoga Dec 8-13. Usually we stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk. We even would go to AKL or BLT but none were available. I have two questions...

1. The online system is showing availability at Beach Club for 3 of the nights. We would consider splitting. When my Dad calls to move us they say no availability even though on line it says yes. What do you make of that?

If the online DVC reservation system is showing availability, your father should be able to make those reservations online. If you are looking at the DRC online reservation system for cash reservations, that is separate inventory of villas and is not available for reservations using DVC points. It is typically from DVC points used for non-DVC options like the Disney Cruise.

2. If we split now, would that increase our chances of getting the other two nights because we would be there for three?

Waitlists are pretty hit or miss and you will be there at a very busy time for DVC Resorts.

3. Does Disney ever "hold on" to rooms? If so when would they be "released"? It strikes us as odd that at 7 months out we could not get in to our top 4 resorts during what is a supposed quiet time.

You are going at the busiest time of the year for DVC reservations. DVC does not "hold" villas. There are different inventories of villas for reservations - those owned by DVC members, those owned by DVC (2-4%) and mainly held for maintenance inventory, those traded by Members for non-DVC options, those still owned by the developer at non-sold out resorts. In addition, at 60 days prior to arrival, any unreserved Member inventory is also released for cash reservations available thru DRC.

Good luck! :)

As Doc said, this is the busiest DVC time. Saratoga Springs is a wonderful and beautiful resort. Enjoy your vacation and enjoy SSR for what it has to offer. :woohoo:

I own both SSR and BCV. I love staying at BCV during the holidays but would never be disappointed to have to stay at SSR. I love the relaxing atmosphere and the overall feel of this beautiful resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter