Newbie: question about parking

my3disneysons

Earning My Ears
I'm a disney regular, but a FW newbie. We've never stayed there before and decided to try it. This will be my third son's first trip...his fifth birthday! After reading all the entries on the board, FW seems like a great fit for our family of five. I do have some questions about parking, cars and golf carts.

- Is there room outside of a cabin to park 2 cars?

- Is there designated golf cart parking throughout FW? I've read where people say how great it is to 'get off the bus and see their golf cart', but I'm not sure where they're parking them. Are there parking areas around each bus stop and building? Has there been an issue with no place to park your cart?

- Since you can ride your golf cart to a location and leave it while you're in the parks, do you worry about people messing with your golf cart? There was a post a while back about all golf carts having the same key and kids moving them around. Just wondering if there was a problem with 'missing' golf carts, like there sometimes can be with 'missing' strollers when you rent them in the parks.

-What are the rules for putting things on the carts? I've read where people added flags and whatnot to their carts to identify them. Do you tie them on or is there a certain location for adding things?

Also, one person wrote that they put up lights on their cabin to help them recognize it at night. Are there rules for decorating outside the cabins? It's my son's birthday, so it would nice to be able to add something for him.

Two more. If you bring your own golf cart, is there room to park a trailer next to your car if you have a cabin? And for those who bring their own golf cart, have they ever had a problem with others 'messing' with their golf cart?

That's it. No more golf cart questions. :) Everyone here has made FW sound like a wonderful place, and I look forward to going there with my boys (hubby included). Thanks for any info!

I can answer a couple of your questions.

Only one car is allowed to be parked by the cabins. Any additional vehicles must be parked in the overflow lot by the Outpost. You can register your additional cars at check in and they will be given a parking permit which you will need so they won't be towed in the overflow lot.

If you bring your own golf cart on a trailer, the trailer will also need to be parked in the overflow lot. Bring a lock for the hitch so no one "borrows" it.

There is golf cart parking by the Meadows area, the Outpost and Settlement areas including the Marina and the two main bus stops. There is no golf cart parking at any of the loop bus stops.

FW is pretty lax when it comes to decorating things, as long as it doesn't damage property or nature and it isn't offensive.

If you bring your own golf cart on a trailer, the trailer will also need to be parked in the overflow lot. Bring a lock for the hitch so no one "borrows" it.

Also make sure you request a parking permit for your second car and your utility trailer. The permit for the 2nd car will go in the windshield, and the parking permit for the utility trailer will given to you in a zip loc bag with a cable tie, so you can attach it to the trailer.

I'm a disney regular, but a FW newbie. We've never stayed there before and decided to try it. This will be my third son's first trip...his fifth birthday! After reading all the entries on the board, FW seems like a great fit for our family of five. I do have some questions about parking, cars and golf carts.

- Is there room outside of a cabin to park 2 cars?

- Is there designated golf cart parking throughout FW? I've read where people say how great it is to 'get off the bus and see their golf cart', but I'm not sure where they're parking them. Are there parking areas around each bus stop and building? Has there been an issue with no place to park your cart?

-What are the rules for putting things on the carts? I've read where people added flags and whatnot to their carts to identify them. Do you tie them on or is there a certain location for adding things?

And for those who bring their own golf cart, have they ever had a problem with others 'messing' with their golf cart?

That's it. No more golf cart questions. :) Everyone here has made FW sound like a wonderful place, and I look forward to going there with my boys (hubby included). Thanks for any info!

I have never had a problem with people messing with our cart. We go there often and no one has ever taken anything off of it. I have left coffe cups and towels on our cart. I have noticed kids climbing on carts that do not belong to them or parents taking pictures of their children on our golf cart...etc..

In terms of your question about decorating the carts. I have seen HUGE MICKEY EARS or Halloween spiders almost "taking over" golf carts. Disney even sponsors parades on the 4th of July for decorated bikes and golf carts. So go ahead and decorate it any way you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter