Newbie mom here with a 5mth old son addicted to the Wiggles!!

Fiver

Mouseketeer
Sorry for being a little off topic here.....

I'm not new to the DIS, but since I'm a new mommy I have been hanging out on this board. I want to thank everyone for posting such great advice. Especially the poster who listed a link for the Kolcraft Cats/Dog stroller!! We are taking our son for his first trip in December, and we were looking for something better than the umbrella stroller, but not as big. We went to our local Toys R us and checked that stroller out and it is perfect!!
okay now back to the Wiggles!
My son is nuts for them, and I hate to admit it but they are a little addicting!! I checked out their website thinking that they were probably only a couple of years in the running, but they have been on for 10yrs!! I wonder why it took so long to pick up here in the US? They are neat though, and their new album looks cute. We love the Crocodile Hunter, so its a double treat. I think our family is going to need Wiggles Anonymous very soon!!!

Fiver

I really enjoy the Wiggles. People just look at me strange when I start to sing and dance "Henry the Octopus". I was thrilled to see VHS tapes at Walmart. I may get one so we have them to watch in the car on the way down to WDW. I had read that the Wiggles tried to break in to the American audience before, but just couldn't do it. I hope this time they make it.

If anyone needs any wiggles stuff, I am from Australia and cang et them for you, they have videos, clothes, books etc. Two of the guys used to be ina band called the coackroaches.

Well, CMbelle, it looks like they are going to make it this time! I just called to get tickets for their Mpls show and the first two shows here are SOLD OUT. These tickets went on sale 3 hours ago! We got not so great seats at the 4:00 show, but at least their ticket prices are reasonable, unlke Blue's Clues--but that is a whole other thread! My two year old is more obsessed with the Wiggle now than BC anyway!

I just went shoping at Sam's Club the other day, and yes, there were Wiggles tapes. I saw that the Wiggles were coming to my city too (date unspecified), and I can't wait to go. I hope moms can dance too.

My sympathies....LOL. I watched the Wiggles once with my kids and decided once was enough and put a stop to that! That music is mind numbing for adults....whether the kids like it or not! Since they like their Baby Einstein tapes and I prefer the music, I think I'll stick with that! LOL.

But there were LOTS of Wiggles tapes at SAMS Club or you could just tape them for free off the Disney Channel.

Originally posted by lisaost
That music is mind numbing for adults

I wouldn't say mind numbing (we'll maybe a little) but the songs are hard to get out of your head. :crazy:

My two DD's absolutely love the wiggles they are 4 and 1. I honestly didn't think the 4 year old would like it but she asks everyday to watch the wiggles! I think it is a real cute show for kids, they love the music.

My DD is 8 and won't admit it but LOVES to watch the wiggles with her little brother! We are all singing and dancing around the living room! I am so phsyched that they now have an entire show!

Are they at Disney?

DS also LOVED Bear!

The Wiggles will being doing a show here, and I asked my 6 year old if he wanted to come. He said yes. Either he secretly likes the Wiggles or he just doesn't want his younger brother to do something fun without him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter