Newbie! I have a few questions (hair and makeup, photography, etc)

PumpkinQueen2017

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I'm new to this board so bear with me. I've been reading threads and post for the last day or two (since I found this board) and I'm wondering about the most up to date info.

We're planning a vow renewal for out 10 year anniversary and thought Disney would be fun. It would be just 4 of us (myself, hubby and our two kids), so we're going to go with the Memories Collection.

I'm wondering about hair and makeup...do they have anyone on-site to do this? Also, the photography they provide..can we "upgrade" it in anyway? For example, more time for more pictures or a few cool locations? Can someone give me an example of what the photos they take would be? Is it just the ceremony and some posed shots at the ceremony location or do we get some cool ones at different locations?

Sorry if these have been asked and answered. I'm still working my way through all the threads!

Welcome! :wave2:

Here are all my Disney Wedding Podcast interviews with Memories couples—there are slideshows in each post so you can see what the included photography is like: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/walt-disney-world/memories-collection/

You can pay $250/hour to add more photography. Another option is to just hire your own photographer instead (may of the popular local wedding photographers have packages tailored to small events) and then shoot pretty much wherever you want. That also guarantees you'll get someone who shoots in a style you like, since Disney can only take requests for specific photographers, not guarantee them.

Most Disney brides hire a cosmetologist to come to their room the morning of the event, since it is so much more convenient and costs the same or less than using one of Disney's on-property salons. This is another case where, by hiring your own outside vendor, you can choose someone whose work you've seen and liked rather than taking luck of the draw that morning. Disney will send you a list of preferred cosmetology vendors, but there are tons of other popular ones in the area.

So if we hire another photographer, they are allowed to shoot photos with us around the park or do we need to "book" that with Disney at an additional cost? Also, are officiants not included in the packages? How much does that cost to hire one?

Shooting in the parks is tricky. The only way to get bridal-attire portraits in the parks before they open is to book through Disney Fine Art Photography. If you're OK with photos during park hours with other guests around, some outside vendors will shoot them. But then there's the difficulty with getting into the park in bridal attire. MK policy doesn't specifically prohibit it, but sometimes brides get turned away because their dress is seen as a safety hazard. Epcot really cracks down on bridal attire. DHS and AKL would probably be easiest, but there's still the risk of being turned away at the gate.

Just chiming in for hair and makeup: we loved Beaute Speciale!! Also, Patricia LeJune is another wonderful choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter