Newbie - Feedback is appreciated!

hawaiilife

Mouseketeer
Aloha!

I am travelling to WDW for the first time as a family of 4. I haven't been since I was a child, so I am very excited to share this experience with my children! My kids are 6 (boy) and 2 (girl). I booked out trip about 150 days out and luckily, with persistence and a ton of research, I managed to get most of what I wanted!

We are not on a dining plan, we will be paying OOP. I would really appreciate feedback on restaurant quality and also, value for OOP money.

Also - I have an ADR for California Grill at 7:35 for 2 but there is no availability for a party of 4 except at 5:15. I prefer the later seating because of the fireworks but I don't know how picky they are with walk-ups (I am not sure if my party would then be considered "walk up"). From what I read, most restaurants are VERY picky and require ADR's and things have changed a lot since I was last in WDW!

Day 1 - California Grill 5:15pm or 7:35pm
Day 2 - Crystal Palace 8:30am and Be Our Guest 5:10pm
Day 3 - Sanaa 6:50pm
Day 4 - T-Rex 6:00pm
Day 5 - Break Day
Day 6 - Hollywood Brown Derby 4:10pm
Day 7 - Via Napoli 5:30pm
Day 8 - Jiko 6:30pm
Day 9 - Chef Mickey's Brunch 2:25

What do you experts think? Any feedback is appreciated! How much $$ should I budget for meals based on these ADR's (keeping in mind one is a baby).

Thank you all!

They sound great! If you do the earlier res at CG, you are allowed to come back to watch the fireworks in the lounge. That earlier time might be better for your 2 year old?

My family and I have been doing Disney one or twice a year since I was 5 (I'm 24 now) and we've never done the dining plan...we hated feeling obligated to eat certain amounts everyday. My cousins, who totally subscribed to the must have a dining plan notion for years just came back from a trip with their 2 young daughters and said they'd never do it again...they worked out that it probably would've been cheaper for them to not have it because they felt obligated to eat more than they might have wanted.

Eating in Disney is pricey no matter what way you slice it...but since your kids are so young it shouldn't be too terrible. The last few years my family has been racking up serious bills because we're now 4 adults all ordering apps, desserts and drinks...

And might I suggest 50s Prime Time instead of Brown Derby...I think it'll be more fun for the kids and it's one of my family's absolute favorites!

You all are awesome! Thanks for the feedback! That budgeting planner was also awesome!

I was under the impression brown derby was the best option in HS, which is why I chose it. Is this not the case?

Thanks

I've never been to the Brown Derby myself (it's on the dining bucket list) - but it seems like a but more adult oriented - it's modeled after a Hollywood hot spot, and the menu is a bit more upscale (how many kid's menus have grouper?). It might not be the most fun for younger kids, whereas your 6 year old will probably have a blast with their older cousin in Mom's kitchen at the Prime Time.

Hope it's a great trip for you!

The Brown Derby is very good, but we generally hit up either the Sci Fi or 50's Prime Time. They're both a lot of fun.

We have dined at the Brown Derby, but don't usually rush back to eat there. With my little guy who will be almost 2 when we go I chose Sci Fi for one meal and 50's for the other. Fun atmosphere and I know he will like the food better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter