Newbie...All Help Appreciated

Kirsty&Philip

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I’m not really sure where to start to be honest, so please forgive me if I start rambling…
We got engaged coming up 2 years ago now in WDW in Cinderella’s Castle (didn’t think he had it in him), but we have finally decided to start planning for our wedding, which ever since that day I’ve been wanting to get married at Disney. :bride:
When I first approached my parents they weren’t overly keen, we stay in Scotland so they were worried about the expense of everyone travelling across, but they have completely come round and we now have a guaranteed 19 guests wanting to join us (I think the offer of us paying for 3 nights in a WDW Hotel helped)….This of course means a WISHES wedding is on the cards. :yay:
I definitely want the Pavilion for my ceremony, but as there are only goin to be 21 of us, I would prefer a private room for our meal (preferably a buffet), then move on from there to have some sort of cocktail / dessert party while watching the fireworks!
I have read so many posts and everyone has some fantastic ideas…
I do like the thought of having an outside photographer, although I think I would prefer to use Disney for the Video as the idea of the 3 cameras in the pavilion to capture every view definitely appeals! And for ease more than anything, I’ll probably go with the Disney Floral….
I have contacted Disney, and been assigned Pam as my WP who has been gd so far, but I’m just not sure where to really start…:confused3 I have organised a meeting with her in June when we go over to Orlando on holiday so I’m hoping to get some more information then, but would really appreciate any guidance from you lovely ppl, who all seem to be so in tune with all that is WDW :goodvibes
Can anyone PM me details of good photographers that I can contact, and also any ideas for Private Function Rooms would be a great help! :worship:
Thanks
Kirsty

Hi fellow scots girl :flower3:

I'm in Tranent, just outside Edinburgh.

Congratulations on your engagement and may I say that you have made the right decision to get married in Florida :thumbsup2

You have just cut out the hassle of having to please everyone and invite guests you havn't seen for years because you feel obliged.;)

I've not really planned much, still in the process of sorting out flights and accomodation - there are 30 of us.

I'm sure the girls on here will be on hand to answer you r questions, only problem is the time difference.

We ask a question and then are on tenderhooks all day, constsntly checking the computer, waiting on a reply :rotfl: believe me when I say that this site is addictive !

Anyway welcome to the boards

LINZ :)

I have to agree - this site is soooo addictive . . . .

We are not getting wed at Disney - we wanted to get wed on the Cruise Line, cost was fine (even paying for everyone's cruise) but did not go down well with the family.......

So have had to get wed here and immediately run over to the Cruise!!!

I have a great idea for a superb wedding photographer - (ME!)

When are you looking at date wise for the wedding.....

Also I have 4/5 great contacts in the US for helping arrange things so if there is anything you need just ask!!!

Check out orangetiggs' planning journal - she's planning a similar wedding right now and has lots of great info!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1296824

One thing to know about those 3 cameras in the Wedding Pavilion: They are stationary and mounted in the walls, so they can't get closeups. You have to hire an additional person with a portable camera to roam around and get people's faces.

Among the most popular outside photographers on this board at the moment are Misty Miotto, Nathan & Jensey Root, and Randy Chapman. I used the Roots (www.rootography.com), and you can see my pictures by clicking the PIX! link in my signature. However, all of these photogs are really nice, have lots of fans, and offer affordable packages.

Congratulations!!! :goodvibes

thanks carrie!

I'm a uk bride so congrats! i have just posted my beo so feel free to have a look

we are having misty miotto and stan for photos and video and those prices are not in my budget, we paid $887 for 6 hours of photos and we just get the cds and the rights vidoe we are paying 1350 for 4 hours stylised edit

Thankyou for you replies :thumbsup2

I didn't realise that was the case with the camera's in the pavilion, im guessing the extra person to follow you around is an added expense aswell...

I've spent most of my day on this forum searching through all the different topics, and have what i would call a reasonably complete Wish Book, which is bound to change countless times :rolleyes1

I like the sound of the Napa Room in the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, has anyone any experience of this?

we were looking at it but the menus are quite limited as you can only have the cali menus. we on the other hand are having a soup form le cellier in epcot and other things from different restaurants for our menus

God i have so much to learn and so much to think about....

I'm hoping its all goin to start to become clear when i meet Pam on the 23rd June (5weeks 2mo)

they are so helpful out there, when we went for our planning session it was such a relief *** things were finally sorted and questions answered.

This bored has been great though and without it i think we would not be able to afford a disney wedding as we would not have found the great outside vendors

Kirsty,
Hi! I just had my wedding in Disney, myself and my Irish husband had the wishes collection for the wedding, it was great because you can plan your own wedding custom to your own tastes. For a meal I recommend the california grill which is a restaurant on the top floor of the contemporary resort. I had my rehearsal luncheon there and the food was fab. The view is great and perfect for seeing fireworks.
His family and friends from Ireland were very impressed with our wedding, they loved it!!!

Lauren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter