Newbie advice

tabbibus

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. Yearly disney worlders from GA. We are about to go on our first ever cruise. We will sail the 24th for the 4 night halloween at sease bahamian cruise out of Port Canaveral! So exited!

I couldn't find anywhere what to bring in terms of dinner. Is there a formal night? When is pirate night? When is costume night? Just trying to plan what clothes to bring.

Thanks in advance. Any other tips are greatly appreciated!

Congratulations on your first cruise. You can find a recent thread on "cruise casual" HERE.
Generally when you are logged in to your account on the cruiseline website you can see a list of when things are by each day. But to get a real sneak peek, check out the most current Personal Navigator (the daily activity sheet) over the the DCL Blog HERE. Generally cruise casual the first day, costumes the second, pirate the third, and optional dress up on the 4th. It is your vacation so feel free to do what you want (within reason) for dinner dress. Do be aware there are some more strict requirements if you plan on dining in Palo or Remy, which are additional charge dining rooms not included in your cruise fare.

I find that jeans and a polo are more than acceptable for cruise casual, maybe a nice t-shirt. But I akin it to going out to your local chain generally. Jeans because it can be quite cold. As for ladies, a light sweater might be appropriate as well. Participation in the costumes for halloween and pirate night is optional, but I find many people at least participate in pirate night with a shirt that has been cut at the bottom and tied off to make it more raggy. You can easily find pirate garb at your local costume shop or party supply store.

Do be aware that the last night of your cruise, your luggage that you want to be carried off the ship must be in the hall by 10pm, which can sometimes be challenging if you have last seating. So be aware that you might have to carry off your ball gown if you don't get it packed (also make sure you leave some clothes behind to wear on the last morning, unless you like to wear pajamas while disembarking!

Hi everyone. Yearly disney worlders from GA. We are about to go on our first ever cruise. We will sail the 24th for the 4 night halloween at sease bahamian cruise out of Port Canaveral! So exited!

I couldn't find anywhere what to bring in terms of dinner. Is there a formal night? When is pirate night? When is costume night? Just trying to plan what clothes to bring.

Thanks in advance. Any other tips are greatly appreciated!
4 night cruises do not have a formal night. There is, however a "Dress Up Optional" night. Dress up or not, as you wish.

Pirate night is typically on night 3, but can be changed.

Halloween is typically done on day 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter