New Years Eve

Squidge

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I hope everyone is well. Darling OH has booked for us to go to DLRP for 2 nights and 3 days over New Year (arrive 31st, leave 2nd). He wont tell me any details (surprise) other than flights and that we are staying at the SL, lake view Montana room. Has anyone stayed at DLRP or SL during New Year - what is it like? Any pics, trip reports to whet my whistle?? Are the parks busy? Any surpries in the room?

Also an aside question - we are trying for a baby this autumn and I couldnt be 10 weeks or so pregnant when we go at New Year - will there be rides I wont be permitted on?

Thank you!!!

I'm a thrill ride-a-phobe so the only one I can mention is Star Tours which does say no pregnant women.

Congrats on the booking though - sounds fantastic :banana:

Thanks Steve. I cant wait - just really bad with surprises and could do with some trip reports he he!

I just wondered if there were varying degrees of pregnancy that would mean I would be allowed on some but not others - I shouldnt havent too much of a belly at that point, but maybe next not to risk it??

The first 12 weeks are the most delicate anyway so my advice would be not to go on any of the bigger rides - especially if you're also suffering from morning sickness!

Thanks Joanne - I think we will just need to see how I am when I get to that stage - thanks so much for the reply!

Great news on the trip and your hopeful change in circumstances.
Hope you are taking the Folic Acid, or is that old hat now :rolleyes:

Reid

Hi Reid! Have only just, this month come off the contraceptive pill - been on it a while and thought my body could use the 2.5 months break to get back in rythym. Do people think I should start taking the folic acid now, even though we arent trying until october? Sorry to be so off topic!!

You can get pregnant immediately after coming off the pill. So yes start taking the folic acid and increase your iron intake - my iron was low, I had such a low energy level and I was put on iron tablets - not pleasant.

Thanks Joanne - we are taking preccautions until October, as we would love to conceive on holiday, but thanks so much for the advice - can one get folic acid in Boots? Is it expensive?

Yes you can get it in Boots. When I was pregnant with Emily (my 2nd DD) I took tablets called "mother to be" or something like that for the first 3 months. They contain the RDA of folic acid, iron and various vitamins and other supplements. I think they're also recommended for those trying to get pregnant. They're also available in Boots and aren't expensive.

We are seriously off topic here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter