• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New years eve

monana

when you wish upon a star..
Does Disneyland stay open late on New Years eve and do a big count down celebration?? Have they done it in the past? Have you been to it? How was it?

Yes they do. I believe they are open until 2 am. I haven't been but it is VERY packed.

Does Disneyland stay open late on New Years eve and do a big count down celebration?? Have they done it in the past? Have you been to it? How was it?
We've done it every year since 1999 (except 2003). They stay open til 2am, they do a big count down in several places in the park, and it is a BLAST, BUT be aware, it is THE.BUSIEST.DAY.OF.THE.YEAR!

But we will be there again this year.

So worth going even if only once! We found the day to not be too bad....went on lot's of rides early in the morning. After that we just hung out, watched parades, went for meals, watched the crowds, and actual new years eve while yes it was shoulder to shoulder, it was FUN! I just realized my avatar pic is from New Years Eve! even the silly hats are fun!! lol

Thanks. Sounds like my kind of New Years celebration. What about the crowd levels the day following New Year's Day?

Crows levels/ride wait times aside, do they often need to close the parks for capacity reasons on New Years Eve?

We'll be flying in from Sydney on December 31 and arrive at LAX around 9am, we're hoping to clear customs, get pre-booked transport to DLR, check into the hotel, have a rest, and then hit the parks for New Year's Eve in the mid-afternoon.

Is this too much to hope for???

Yes it usually does get closed for capacity. But you can always go to California Adventure instead, which doesnt fill up as fast, at least it didnt used to. Just as much fun IMHO. You might want to make a dinner reservation somewhere as soon as you are able though, they book up fast everywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter