• Go with a cabin at FW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try a Family suite at AoA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
We are thinking of going NYE 2021/2022 it will be DH, DS (an adult) DS (age 12) and myself I always wanted to stay at CR for New Years it maybe BW, my adult son would like to stay at POR and it looks like a nice resort
I was also thinking maybe WL doing concierge, I love WL during Christmas!
DH would like at stay in a FW Cabin

We will be spending time at the resort so I need resort activities, I get tired easily so my older son will be doing the open to close parks with his younger brother so great transportation is kinda important

idk I’m looking for ideas, input please, I’m open to other options too so please vote and feel free to comment

If your concern is NYE then it is best to stay at a resort with easy transportation to the park. When we went to MK on NYE we stayed at WL and found it easy enough to catch the boat after midnight. If the plan is Epcot for NYE then stay at an Epcot resort. I would not stay at a resort that has buses only like POR. The Skyliner may be an option now as well so AoA could work if the gondolas are running that late from Epcot. Do not even think about driving.

Take it from someone who has been there 4 of the last 5 years and spent time at all 4 parks on NYE. Have a plan and be patient exiting the park after the fireworks.

Getting around WDW on NYE is unlike getting around the resort any other day of the year, even Fourth of July or Christmas. Because of the fireworks, you have road closures that exacerbate the already insane traffic. A bus ride that might normally take 10 to 15 minutes could take 30 to 45 at least. This is why I always recommend, if financially possibly, to stay at the hotel nearest the park you plan on spending NYE at. For me, that’s Epcot. I love the fireworks and dance parties there, so we choose to stay at one of the Epcot area resorts so we don’t have to deal with the mass exodus and traffic. I had a friend who once drove home on NYE from Epcot and it took him two hours to do a usually 15 minute drive. With your current options, I’d stay at BW if you’re going to Epcot (or DHS I guess) for NYE. If you’re doing MK on NYE (also very fun but more family-oriented), then do the Contemporary.

I don’t mean to sound harsh about NYE at Walt Disney World. I seriously love it and there’s nowhere else I’d rather spend NYE. It’s bustling, fun, exciting, and vibrant, but just manage your expectations. Crowds are crazy to a level that you just don’t see any other day of the year. It’s still a lot of fun, but just go in prepared, plan ahead, and especially on NYE itself allow yourself a lot of extra transportation time. I once almost missed a d

(This is going off knowledge from NYE’s past; I have no idea what this NYE will look like, given the current situation.)

I’ve gone to Disney for NYE once, had an amazing time. I knew ahead of time it is the most crowded day of the year. Going in with that thought definitely helped set expectations. I would advise avoiding the roads that day at all costs, traffic will be bad all over property. I stayed at the contemporary in a theme park view, it was so worth it. We spent the day at Magic Kingdom and then left the park to watch the fireworks from our balcony. I loved being able to see the fireworks away from the massive crowds and as soon as they were over go to bed. Being able to walk to and from the park to the hotel was also amazing since there are long lines for the monorail and buses that day.

I voted for CR because we've stayed there before for NYE and loved it. The MK fireworks are amazing. Just FYI, Poly also has some fantastic fireworks views. Or WL CL. We love the lodge and although the rooms are smaller you have the CL lounge to relax in, so you are just basically sleeping in your room. Also you can see the fireworks from most CL rooms or the lounge. The lounge will most likely "close" at 10pm but we have always been able to remain in the lounge area after that, I would think NYE would be no exception. POR is a nice resort but its huge and I wouldn't recommend it for NYE. As others have said traffic is insane...unlike anything you've ever experienced before. Lots of roads shut down, lots of detours, lots of traffic, so having access to parks that you can walk/boat/monorail to is well worth the extra money.

Are you staying 1 night or a week? For one night, I would pick the resort nearest the park you want to go to. I have been to Disney for NYE twice. It's packed everywhere and you can't depend on timeframes working out so I do not overplan this day.

For a one week stay it depends on your budget. The week leading up to NYE is expensive so go with what is suitable.

I don't think it really matters where you are on NYE if you are not traveling with small children. It's convenient to stay near the fireworks but if you are easily mobile and not carrying children, anywhere is fine, you just need patience for that day.

The years we‘ve done Christmas week, we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas once (but left before NYE) and AKL Club level over NYE. When we stayed over NYE, we spent a lot of time at the resort, so having club level was the best part. We had breakfast every morning, then did a short time in the parks. Enjoyed the pool and had appetizers (which served as dinner often) in the lounge with wine and other drinks. For that timeframe, I’d choose Club level for somewhere to escape the crowds.

Are you staying 1 night or a week? For one night, I would pick the resort nearest the park you want to go to. I have been to Disney for NYE twice. It's packed everywhere and you can't depend on timeframes working out so I do not overplan this day.

For a one week stay it depends on your budget. The week leading up to NYE is expensive so go with what is suitable.

I don't think it really matters where you are on NYE if you are not traveling with small children. It's convenient to stay near the fireworks but if you are easily mobile and not carrying children, anywhere is fine, you just need patience for that day.

we will be staying a week, I was thinking around $8000-$10000 for the 4 of us?

The years we‘ve done Christmas week, we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas once (but left before NYE) and AKL Club level over NYE. When we stayed over NYE, we spent a lot of time at the resort, so having club level was the best part. We had breakfast every morning, then did a short time in the parks. Enjoyed the pool and had appetizers (which served as dinner often) in the lounge with wine and other drinks. For that timeframe, I’d choose Club level for somewhere to escape the crowds.
You mentioned you stayed at AKL CL for NYE, how was that? It was one of my top choices but heard there is no NYE actives due to animals being at the resort, is that the case? Due to health conditions I can’t do the parks nonstop so resort activities is a must - thx
thx !

we will be staying a week, I was thinking around $8000-$10000 for the 4 of us?
Yes, I usually pay that much for 4 or 5 people when we go. I don't have an exact budget but between airfare from NJ, resort (biggest expense) and food I work to get around those numbers. Since airfare and food are usually around the same for us, I adjust the hotel to fit that budget. It may mean picking a different deluxe or doing a split stay. The NYE prices are quite high at the resorts so you can manage your final bill by looking at that number when arranging your booking.

Also, sometimes just going for one day less can make a $1000 difference.

You mentioned you stayed at AKL CL for NYE, how was that? It was one of my top choices but heard there is no NYE actives due to animals being at the resort, is that the case? Due to health conditions I can’t do the parks nonstop so resort activities is a must - thx
thx !

We never go all day to the parks either. My youngest has EDS and now uses a wheelchair at the parks (we used to bring the stroller even when he was a bit older due to his stamina but didn’t get diagnosis until age 15). It was nice to have a lot of resort time, as the parks get pretty crazy! We did have the concierge book us an Illumimnations cruise on NYE (nice perk that they could get it booked for us), so after it we took a taxi back from the Yacht Club (never do we stay up until midnight, LOL). I don’t recall any activities at the resort that were special for NYE, but that’s fine by us. I do think they do offer activities, though, like folks giving talks about Africa or the animals.

I definitely think that having the club lounge made the trip; without it would have been not as relaxing. The food and wines were fabulous. We had lucked out and got an AP rate of $259/night too! I have no freaking idea how that worked, but heck, I took it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter