• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Year's Eve in Disney's Hollywood Studios?

DisneyTrainFan75

Earning My Ears
Can anyone here share their experiences in Hollywood Studios on New Year's Eve? Do they even have a NYE countdown or small fireworks show? I realize not to the extent of Magic Kingdom or EPCOT but anything would be nice and appreciated. We will already be in DHS for dinner at 50's Prime Time that evening. We have experienced the awesome madness in the MK on NYE before, and just was looking for something a little different.

Another idea is to try to use the Skyliner to get us over to EPCOT from DHS. But I imagine many people will have the same idea. I can see it now. EPCOT reaches crowd capacity halfway through our Skyliner trip, and we're stuck for hours. But then again maybe we can enjoy the NYE fireworks from the Skyliner car! In reality, I'm sure they would just send us around and on back somewhere else.

Thanks in advance!

DHS on NYE will have Jingle Bell Jingle BAM at 6:30pm and Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular at midnight so no real NYE countdown
Epcot is the best park for NYE festivities, it has not reached complete capacity since 1999 so I don't expect it to reach capacity this year.

We are staying off property for NYE again this year. My initial thoughts here are to park at DHS and enjoy the day there, go over to EPCOT for the NYE show, and then head back to DHS for the car. Does that sound reasonable?

The year we braved the NYE show at MK, we actually parked at EPCOT and rode the monorail to/from MK. The traffic to try to leave EPCOT was crazy and chaotic as expected. I thought maybe leaving from DHS would be slightly better.

We did NYE at Hollywood Studios two years ago. They gave out hats, beads, and noisemakers. It was a very festive atmosphere. We did not stay until midnight. But we could see fireworks all around at Reunion Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter