New Year's Eve Dilemma

Fooboy

Mouseketeer
hey all!
I have reservations for the New Year's Eve Party at Narcoosee's. I also have reservations for the California Grille during the fireworks show. Should I keep the Narcoosee reservation and not see the fireworks from the California Grille? or should I cancel the new year's party and enjoy the show from the MK itself? and still enjoy the California Grille view. suggestions please :)

foobs

If money were no object, I'd do the CA Grill. All of the reports that I've read about it make it sound fantastic....... and although I've done the CA Grill, an event like that would really be something to experience!!!

Just a thought.........

my apologies. i completely forgot to mention that the California grille was not for New Year's Eve but for a couple of days before. Lemme rephrase the question :teeth: What would you lean more towards: Fireworks dinner at the Cali Grille on 12/26 and MK on site viewing on New Years Eve. OR MK on site on the 26th and then Narcoosee's on New Year's Eve. I CANNOT afford Cali Grille on New Year's Even even though I sure wish I could :)

thnx and sorry!

foobs

imma bumping this cuz i really need some input from people :) it could save me $100+. pleeeease help me ;)

thnx!

Honestly......... there's nothing like being in one of the parks on New Year's Eve.

Of course it will be a bit of a :crowded: but as long as you relax and go with the flow...... you won't regret it.

I'd do the CA Grill on the 26th and MK on New Year's Eve.

I hope that this helps.......

yep! thnx! i already cancelled the reservation at Narcoosee's. We're making plans for an all day MK challenge cuz Im afraid that if we wait until too late...the gates will be shut for everyone.

foobs

Do they shut even for people staying onsite? My 12/31 plan is to do Epcot until about 5 and then go to MK.
Robin M.

Originally posted by Rock'n Robin
Do they shut even for people staying onsite? My 12/31 plan is to do Epcot until about 5 and then go to MK.
Robin M.
Yes it is possible to be shut out of a particular park, especially during the Christmas and New Years Holidays. There are various levels of shutdown, with on-site guests being the last shut out, but it might happen. Usually the advice is to go to the park you wish to spend NYE early and stay there to ensure yourself entry. We were in WDW during Christmas 2001, and the parks were intermintenly shut down during that time.

Resort guests are supposedly guaranteed admittance to "a park," just not necessarily the one of their choice. NYE last year I heard people talking whose bus had been rerouted to Epcot b/c MK had closed earlier in the day - well before 5pm. I don't remember exact times, but I heard that both MGM and MK had closed due to capacity by early afternoon.

jel0511 has the right advice - go early to the park where you want to be and stay there all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter