New Years Eve Dessert Party

Satin Holcomb

Earning My Ears
Any idea when the NYE Wishes Dessert Party will be available to reserve? We booked our 180 day reservations in June and it wasn't and still isn't available for December 24, 25, 30, or 31.

Did you call or just checked online? Last year I did the NYE Fantasy in the Sky Dessert Party (12/31) and it was call in only (at 180 days). Not only that but the only way the CM was able to find it was by venue "Tomorrowland Terrace". Also there were 2 parties for that night and both were being called NYE parties but one was for Wishes with a check in time of 6pm and the other the Fantasy in the Sky with a check in time of after 10:50 pm.

Last edited:
Yes I have called, booking is not open yet and they have no idea when it will be. I guess I will keep on checking every day!

How frustrating! Could you please report back the day that it's finally available? I'm planning to schedule the dessert party for next year on 12/31 and want to get an idea of when it might be available if not at the 180 day mark. Good luck!

I have called every day and still keep getting told that there is not one scheduled. However I was also told that about a Christmas Wishes Dessert Party and it opened up a few weeks ago.

Yes, the Christmas Wishes party did open about 3-4 weeks ago. I have been checking basically every day for NYE, and I have called a few times as well. No luck. In fact, someone on the phone told me one time that they don't plan to do one this year......lol. I don't believe that.

I saw there was someone on another thread that seemed to have "inside info" regarding the opening of a new restaurant in MK. I wonder if he(or she) would know anything. I will look up their name in a bit.

In any case, this is beyond frustrating. I hope we have an answer before our FP+ opens, because I would hate to use one on the fireworks if I don't need to.

Doing this dessert party for NYE is the main reason why I wanted to go back to WDW next year. I hope it is still being offered and that it is not really a book up to 2 weeks in advance, that's calling it way to close for my liking.

Yeah, they are killing me with this...lol.

Has anyone here done the dessert party on NYE before? I keep reading that the fireworks are in a full 360 degrees around the park. Can you see ALL the fireworks from the dessert party or are some obstructed?

I did it last year and definitely scheduled it at my 180+6 and really don't remember about the fireworks except that I was able to see them, I was too excited. I do remember Tinker Bell flying right over our head and waving at all of us. Here is a picture of our view of the castle during the party and some of the desserts.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Another one, sorry they are so horrible, I took them with my phone from my seat. If you look really close there is someone standing in front on the bottom by the rail and the light on the upper right from the overhang.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I did it last year and definitely scheduled it at my 180+6 and really don't remember about the fireworks except that I was able to see them, I was too excited. I do remember Tinker Bell flying right over our head and waving at all of us. Here is a picture of our view of the castle during the party and some of the desserts.

View attachment 127967View attachment 127968

Thanks for the feedback and the pictures. I am really hoping we get to do this on NYE. I figure the odds of getting it are slim, but I will keep checking every day!

I called again this morning, the CM said they were told at their most recent staff meeting that there will be no dessert parties from 12/26-12/31 in MK, but there was still openings for the Epcot party in 12/31.

I can't believe it... so, I'll continue stalking the site and calling....

I was just able to book the dessert party at Magic Kingdom for 10 30pm on 12/30/15. It's also showing availability for 12/31/15 it must've just opened this morning. Nothing is showing for Epcot on 12/31/15 yet.

Glad to see it's still available. I'll have to make a note of when it was available this year to help me out when I make my reservations next year. Thanks for reporting/updating and Congrats to all that were able to reserve. It really is very cool to have a reserved spot to view the fireworks especially for the count down to the New Year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I called just now but I'm unsure the agent looked in the right place. Did you guys just ask for the dessert party at Magic Kingdom like I did?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter