New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

We think our mom's may over-exaggerated his situation, but I can understand being that just under a week ago, he had that febrile seizure. DH was actually more upset than I was that we were home and was trying to go back to the coast this morning :lmao: Oh well, we're hoping to get a re-do night within the next few weeks as the hotel was very accommodating and gave us a refund for that Saturday night.****
Oh man, you guys really can't catch a break lately. Sounds like the grandma's definitely over reacted, but of course hind sight is always 20/20. At least you get a redo, hopefully soon.

BUT SOON ENOUGH, DS spotted one of our pieces! YES! :hyper: :faint: And eventually we got all of them back! :jumping3::Pinkbounc
Woohoo!!!! Albiet only 12+ hours late. Way to go Southwest ; )

Revenge can be sweet. I walked in and shouted, “Good and Bad news! The good news is 3 of our bags were found! The bad news is there’s no stroller and your luggage hasn’t been located.”

DM’s face went into complete shock. Then she said she didn’t believe us. But she started to after about 5 minutes, when I started pulling things out for myself and DS to get changed in to.
Love you guys. That so sounds like something we would have done. After your wake-up call, you should have sent her luggage ahead in a cab just to keep the rouse going ; )

I had done Online Check-in days before so wasn’t sure what the problem was. Twenty-five minutes :faint: later, we were all checked in. Apparently, there was something wrong with our Magic Bands and them not linking correctly with our reservations. This was not our last time this would happen :rolleyes1
I don't think we've ever had online check in work. There always seems to be something wrong. In fact I don't think it really is a thing. Perhaps they are just faking convenience but it doesn't exist at all.

That night for dinner, DH decided to make reservations at Olivia’s Café because it gets pretty good reviews and we wouldn’t have to fight any crowds at DTD - agh Disney Springs!
Join my club and refuse to use the new name. Like with MGM, I figure they will change the name again anyway, so I prefer to be "retro". Long live DTD!!!!

side from that, this would be the very first time (not sure why we never did before!) that we would purchase Tables in Wonderland (TiW) cards. It gives 20% off food AND alcohol at specific restaurants. And if a restaurant wouldn’t take TiW, we’d use our DVC. Worked great for us!
Curious to see how you all liked the TiW card. We of course love it, but I'm not preggo and milk that bad boy for all the beer, wine, and al-key-hole it is worth. Are you all going again this year that you can use it again?

DH ordered a sandwich and a Yuengling, making sure to let me know, that I knew it was a Yuengling :rolleyes2 Such a jerk. I had to take a smell of it because for some reason with this pregnancy, the smell of alcohol smells good to me. With my first pregnancy, the smell made me want to vomit everytime!
Torture, pure torture. And just to channel my inner DH, I'm also drinking some wine right now :drinking1

We eventually forced DM to push the stroller because she’s shorter than me and it didn’t bother her at all!

That a girl. Make her work for it ; )

DH was walking around trying to find a table inside holding a number but it looked liked he was following this older woman (probably mid 70’s) and she was one of those cute old ladies that totally dresses up – makeup, glasses, jewelry, hat, etc, who noticed him ‘following’ her and I think she may have been a little freaked out. So he decided to have fun with it and follow her for a few more seconds doing a drum major movement with his number, kind of like the scene in Mr. Holland's Opus where he's leading the band in the parade.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm finally here!

Sorry....but real life has taken over and I've been having a hard time getting any 2D time with the Dis.

Sounds like it is going to be an interesting ride on this TR. What with lost luggage and that horrible stroller, I sure hope that things get better!
Hope you get a redo for your weekend.....and soon!

I totally understand, since real life will be taking over here in about a month and a half or so :eek: Trying to get as much DIS time as I can now.

And i'm praying for even a quick redo at this point. All i'm asking for is one night of COMPLETE sleep without DS waking up at 6:30 am telling me he wants milk and Blue Clue's :rotfl2:

Hey I remember you posting on my (somewhat abandoned) trip report that you had wanted to get a big piggy bank for Calvin like the one I got for my son. I finally remembered to check out who made it and it's by www.childtocherish.com they have classic giant pigs like this
View attachment 158279
As well as elephants
View attachment 158280
View attachment 158281
In case you're looking for stuff for the new baby!

Aw thanks for remembering me! I love the first and last one. And finally on this trip we end up finding one for Calvin! Completely different from what I had originally wanted but he likes it and it's more suitable now for his age ::yes::

Sorry for all the trouble - I hope you get a re-do very soon! :goodvibes

Ugh me too!

:woohoo: Thank goodness they all showed up!

Yes! Couldn't imagine if only one or two showed up. That would have been terrible.

:lmao: I could never pull this off - I cannot keep a straight face. Nice work!

Is it bad that i'm terribly good at this?!:laughing:

:sad2: Not cool.

It was definitely a time waster.

I bet that was rough with your baby belly in the way. It's hard enough for me to be picking up Izzy for sinks all the time - why are there not more low sinks for little kids?! :confused3

Exactly! I usually 'sit' him on my left knee while he bends over the sink and it works, just not now with the ever growing baby! And I did get super excited to see all those small sinks every once in a while!

Good game plan! :thumbsup2

I think so!

Ugh, I know what you're talking about. A co-worker gave me his old umbrella stroller and it was the worst thing ever when we tried to use it. As you said, getting stuck everywhere, blocking the way, etc. So awful. I believe we just used it that one time ever. We do have another umbrella stroller that we bought, though - I got a great deal on a Chicco Echo and we've used that occasionally. It actually is a pretty solid stroller, works well, reclines, etc. It's only our back-up that we keep in Dug's car, though - we love our regular one (the B-Agile) and use that on all our trips.

I think had someone had given me that umbrella stroller to keep, I just would have tossed it. So uncomfortable for all involved! But yours sounds pretty nice and a great idea to keep as a back up in Dug's car. DH has a single cab truck so the only place it would fit would be in the bed of the truck and i'm POSITIVE it would be stolen in my town :sad2:

:rotfl: Wow, he did a great job of capturing you in those photos!

Didn't he?! :lmao:He's gotten eerily good at adjusting the camera on our phones.

Oh man, you guys really can't catch a break lately. Sounds like the grandma's definitely over reacted, but of course hind sight is always 20/20. At least you get a redo, hopefully soon.

They totally did but now I understand (days later I finally came to :rotfl:) And i'm hoping we'll be able to get just one night away, just ONE!!!

Woohoo!!!! Albiet only 12+ hours late. Way to go Southwest ; )

Right? Ugh.

Love you guys. That so sounds like something we would have done. After your wake-up call, you should have sent her luggage ahead in a cab just to keep the rouse going ; )

OMGOSH that's brilliant!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl: I feel like I need you on speed dial for help plotting revenges quickly. That would have been AMAZING! :eek:

I don't think we've ever had online check in work. There always seems to be something wrong. In fact I don't think it really is a thing. Perhaps they are just faking convenience but it doesn't exist at all.

I've done online check-in every time with no problems! And the one time it worked amazing well was our last trip at the VGF. But it doesn't seem like it saves any time, you still have to wait in line at the counter and all that :confused3

Join my club and refuse to use the new name. Like with MGM, I figure they will change the name again anyway, so I prefer to be "retro". Long live DTD!!!!

:lmao: And now there will be confusion with Disney Son and Disney Springs, just too much!

Curious to see how you all liked the TiW card. We of course love it, but I'm not preggo and milk that bad boy for all the beer, wine, and al-key-hole it is worth. Are you all going again this year that you can use it again?

We actually saved a lot and thought it was worth it, even without me drinking! Not sure why we didn't get it on all previous trips :sad2:

We're in a bit of a predicament right now. Our 10 year is this Summer and we really wanted to go to Aulani in October to celebrate. But now it appears that the school board will be switching up the week in October that DH would take his one week off and we wouldn't know until the start of the next school year, in July. And that's pretty late to be buying airline tickets to Hawaii I think. The better deals are right now. With that said, it's easier to get flights to Orlando last minute so the option of going to WDW in October during F&W (and using our TiW AND I CAN DRINK!) is very, very tempting. So I think we're going to see what happens :)

Torture, pure torture. And just to channel my inner DH, I'm also drinking some wine right now :drinking1

Agh, I hate you.

But not really :love:

That a girl. Make her work for it ; )

Heck yes!

He's quite the entertainer when he wants to be! :laughing:

***Hope everyone had a good Easter! Wanted to share a quick photo from our Easter and to show how large I have gotten from this TR to now. Quite the difference!

IMG_5118.JPG

On with the update!

***​

Friday, January 1, 2016

You are kind of rude as a Customer

We just had a nice, quick afternoon at DTD and were on the way back to OKW to check out our room.

Because of all the problems with our Magic Bands and check-in that morning, I never received a text of our room number so we stopped by the lobby to get that situated. We were located in a pretty far building (well looked like it on the map!) in room 1911.

The walk was not bad at all though and soon we were seeing this!

So big and roomy! Definitely the largest one bedroom we’ve stayed in by far. When I had booked this, DH wasn’t at all interested in staying at this resort. But we had no choice, this was the only resort available for that night, understandably. He likes the newer resorts, of course. But when he actually got settled in and started relaxing, he realized how comfortable it was and said something like, we need to come back here again. Shocking! And for the points you use, it’s nothing compared to VGF or Poly!

Our bags got delivered along with the groceries/water order I had placed so we had a bit of time to relax and unpack. Well, unpack what we could for the night as we were moving the next day to the Poly! :hyper:

Around 6:30 we made the long 7 minute journey to Olivia’s Café! And I was excited. A new restaurant and we would get to try our new TIW card!

Except oops! I forgot that today was technically a holiday and it would not be accepted :headache: My bad. I knew this when we were looking at the restrictions weeks back, but I blame it on pregnancy brain ::yes::

Within a few minutes we were shown to a booth and had one of the nicest, coolest waitresses by far. Totally personable, loved chatting with us and made some great meal suggestions.

We had looked at the menu weeks before when making the reservation and DH and I always like to ‘prechoose’ what we’re getting beforehand, but the waitress was so persuasive that we went with completely different options.

DH ordered…get ready for it…

The Mallory Square Cobb Salad. WHAT THE HECK, RIGHT?! :faint:

But he loved it! He said it was fresh, filling and delicious and it definitely hit the spot.

I originally wanted either the Caribbean Shrimp or Sea Scallops but she sold me on the Catch of the Day, which I believe was Sole

Light and flaky! And the greens and potatoes were the perfect sides. I remember wanting more of that jam on top though.

We were worried about DM since she is not a seafood fan, but there were some options on there for her to choose from. Our waitress suggested the Buttermilk Chicken and she really loved how tender it was

At one point during the meal DH whispers, “This large table next to me is giving our waitress a hard time.” Kind of hard to believe because she was awesome, but after she came to take our plates away and order dessert, she said, “Sorry for the wait, that’s my family over there and they’re the worst customers!” :rotfl2:

We decided on two desserts to share between us and while we waited, DH and DM got into a discussion on how rude my DM can be :laughing:

Apparently while I was taking DS to restroom while they were ordering food at Wolfgang Puck Express earlier that afternoon, the girl at the counter was not at all helpful. Usually when you go up to order at a register you wait (or at least I do) to be called instead of assume they are ready to take your order. She never called them but stood at the register kind of wiping the counters down and fiddling with the register and DM asked if she was open and she said, “Yeah.” So they went up and ordered, DM handed her some cash and she took it and when DM held her hand out to receive the change, instead of placing it in her open hand, she placed it on the counter underneath her hand. Then she got annoyed when they asked for DH’s beer that they paid for. I don’t know if you get more ballsy with age (cause I’m not one to complain) but DM found a manager on the way over to find a table and before she could say who it was, he said, “Was it ______?” And she said yes and he apologized and told her how sorry he was and that she’s been having a bad attitude lately but was going to have a talk with her.

Now, DH’s argument is that DM should have never complained to the manager in the first place (we’re definitely similar in that we don’t like to make a fuss about things) and that maybe that was the last complaint that got her fired. DM’s argument was that she’s in the Customer Service business and it’s her job to at least be courteous and helpful to the customers. Totally get it. But I love they way they argue (they seriously fight like an old married couple!) so I secretly recorded them because 1) I wasn’t going to get into it as I wasn't there and 2) I had nothing else to do but listen! I’ll just show a little bit of the video but the story of the ‘deaf girl’ is a story we’ll never let DM live down. Long story short, DH and DM (I was at the park already!) were eating breakfast at La Brea Bakery in DTD at Disneyland, my DM was trying to get the waitresses attention by saying excuse me multiple times and she walked on past her every time like the waitress was ignoring her. DM says to DH, “What are you deaf?” Turns out, she was.…:headache::scared1::eek:

:lmao::rotfl:DH could NOT, and still to this day, does not stop giving DM a hard time that entire trip about that and she said she felt awful and embarrassed. No one else heard but DM felt so bad that she ended up leaving a crazy tip just for her speaking and thinking like that.

"

Dessert came during that discussion so, “Everyone shut up and eat!”

I was really excited to try the Key Lime Tart

That topping ….was everything! It was kind of like a toasted marshmallow crème frosting and it was ridiculous.

We also ordered the Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Everyone was super happy with their meals and service that we would love to return, even if we don’t stay at OKW again. I hear their breakfast is delicious too.

We walked around the little shop next door and around outside where they had this really cute, small bar called the Gurgling Suitcase that I’d love to grab a beer at next time! It was quite busy with folks relaxing inside and outside and I was a bit jealous that I couldn’t partake. I even tried to force DH to stay and have a drink and chill but he wasn't up for it.

We all ended up going back to the room and called it a night. Tomorrow we were moving resorts and going to DHS!

LOL! Your DM is exactly like my DM! You don't dare give her bad service lol. She is the first one to try to "make it right" and will immediately go to a manager if someone has a bad attitude. That being said, I do agree with DM. Anyone who works in customer service knows how they should act. And definitely in Disney, they are held to a higher standard than anywhere else (as they should be lol). Maybe I'm just use to people like our DM's after all these years. She sounds like a hoot. That deaf girl story is hilarious! I wouldn't let her live it down either.

I definitely want to try the Key Lime Tart! That thing looks amazing! And your room was huge! I could spend forever in the bathtub! That thing was deep!

***Hope everyone had a good Easter! Wanted to share a quick photo from our Easter and to show how large I have gotten from this TR to now. Quite the difference!

img_5118-jpg.158973
Beautiful family photo! And I love your dress Lesha!:goodvibes
So big and roomy! Definitely the largest one bedroom we’ve stayed in by far.
I love the rooms at OKW. I have stayed there twice and always appreciated how spacious they were! Glad yu and DH liked it!
The Mallory Square Cobb Salad. WHAT THE HECK, RIGHT?! :faint:

Yum that looks good!:goodvibes
Yum, that looks great as well!:thumbsup2 Looks like the perfect portion as well.
We were worried about DM since she is not a seafood fan, but there were some options on there for her to choose from. Our waitress suggested the Buttermilk Chicken and she really loved how tender it was

Wow all this food looks really good!:goodvibes
“Sorry for the wait, that’s my family over there and they’re the worst customers!” :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:This is great. I think that would be a little nerve wrecking - serving your family at your place of work ahaha!
Also that video was too funny - dinner and a show for you!:rotfl:

I was really excited to try the Key Lime Tart

Everyone was super happy with their meals and service that we would love to return, even if we don’t stay at OKW again. I hear their breakfast is delicious too.
That's great that you enjoyed everything! I think I ate there when I was little, but that was forever ago. I have to get back there!:goodvibes

I have to ask, when you were eating at Olivia's, did you happen to see a wall of pictures in there? Years ago, you would be able to put your picture up on one of the walls in the restaurant. My parents and grandparents both had put pictures up there in the 90's and I was wondering if they were still there.

LOL! Your DM is exactly like my DM! You don't dare give her bad service lol. She is the first one to try to "make it right" and will immediately go to a manager if someone has a bad attitude. That being said, I do agree with DM. Anyone who works in customer service knows how they should act. And definitely in Disney, they are held to a higher standard than anywhere else (as they should be lol). Maybe I'm just use to people like our DM's after all these years. She sounds like a hoot. That deaf girl story is hilarious! I wouldn't let her live it down either.

I definitely want to try the Key Lime Tart! That thing looks amazing! And your room was huge! I could spend forever in the bathtub! That thing was deep!

:rotfl2:

I feel like she's gotten so much worse over the past 5 years! I swear, every month is seems like she sends an email to some company about a bad/faulty product :faint: Aye, I'm wondering if this is in our future too, being their daughters! :faint::eek:

I wish there was time to take a bath, it looked so nice!

Beautiful family photo! And I love your dress Lesha!:goodvibes

Aw thanks! I finally found a great maternity clothing company that has stylish clothes!

I love the rooms at OKW. I have stayed there twice and always appreciated how spacious they were! Glad yu and DH liked it!

I totally foresee us staying there again, seriously! Even more than SSR! It was so spread out and the little enclosed patio with a big table outside was perfect too. Such a cool resort!

Yum that looks good!:goodvibes

I was just surprised he ordered a salad! My meat and potato man, ordered greens! :faint:

Yum, that looks great as well!:thumbsup2 Looks like the perfect portion as well.

It was really yummy! It was cooked perfectly and i'm so glad I took the waitresses suggestion on that dish!

Wow all this food looks really good!:goodvibes

Isn't it ridiculous? So much good food in one place! Definitely need to go back for breakfast, lunch AND dinner again!

:rotfl2:This is great. I think that would be a little nerve wrecking - serving your family at your place of work ahaha!
Also that video was too funny - dinner and a show for you!:rotfl:

:lmao: Dinner and a show exactly! :laughing: And you're right, I didn't like having to serve my family drinks at Starbucks for like 5 minutes :lmao:

That's great that you enjoyed everything! I think I ate there when I was little, but that was forever ago. I have to get back there!:goodvibes

You must! Especially if you stay at OKW again one day.

I have to ask, when you were eating at Olivia's, did you happen to see a wall of pictures in there? Years ago, you would be able to put your picture up on one of the walls in the restaurant. My parents and grandparents both had put pictures up there in the 90's and I was wondering if they were still there.

YES! Aw no way too bad we weren't IG friends back in January, you could have PM'ed me and I could have tried to find them!

YES! Aw no way too bad we weren't IG friends back in January, you could have PM'ed me and I could have tried to find them!
Oh great, I'm glad all the pictures are still there!:goodvibes Aw that's ok, I'll be back in WDW in July, so if I can get a chance to go over there and try to see it I will!:thumbsup2

Great review of Olivia's! That bread pudding looks fabulous, and the rest of the meal does too! I'm loving hearing about your trip, and can't wait to read more :)

:rotfl2:

I feel like she's gotten so much worse over the past 5 years! I swear, every month is seems like she sends an email to some company about a bad/faulty product :faint: Aye, I'm wondering if this is in our future too, being their daughters! :faint::eek:

:rotfl:Yeah I have caught myself a few times complaining about someone when I come into contact with bad service. My DM is not quite as bad as yours, it sounds like. lol. She only complains if we are in person for something..and it's normally at restaurants. Oh well, I guess I'll be one of THOSE old lady's :lmao:

The Mallory Square Cobb Salad. WHAT THE HECK, RIGHT?!

I actually looked a the menu there and would have picked that salad too...except without the egg lol....but it looked awesome ;)) That lime tart looked amazing too!! So funny/embarrassing about the "are you deaf?" comment...I don't think I'd let him live that one down either lol

Great review of Olivia's! That bread pudding looks fabulous, and the rest of the meal does too! I'm loving hearing about your trip, and can't wait to read more :)

Thanks everything about that meal was great and totally unexpected!

:rotfl:Yeah I have caught myself a few times complaining about someone when I come into contact with bad service. My DM is not quite as bad as yours, it sounds like. lol. She only complains if we are in person for something..and it's normally at restaurants. Oh well, I guess I'll be one of THOSE old lady's :lmao:

I refuse to be one of them! :rotfl2:

I actually looked a the menu there and would have picked that salad too...except without the egg lol....but it looked awesome ;)) That lime tart looked amazing too!! So funny/embarrassing about the "are you deaf?" comment...I don't think I'd let him live that one down either lol

I was just shocked that he took her recommendation on the salad! I mean, DH isn't really a salad person, unless it's an appetizer or side to a meat course so it was crazy for him to order that and fully enjoy it!

Yep and she hates that we bring it up sometimes because obviously she's not a mean or vengeful person, but she was totally ashamed of herself. BUT I feel it's my duty as a daughter, and DH's duty as a good Son-in-law, to bring it up every once in a while :lmao:

You look fantastic!! What a perfect little bump :) And a beautiful family. I hope y'all had a wonderful Easter!

WOW, that room does look pretty huge! OKW never appealed to me either, but this is really the first TR I have seen with pics of the units. If we ever rented DVC points again, I would definitely look into that as an option!

Glad your meal went well. It's always so nice when you get good service and good meal suggestions from the waitstaff. I lol'd at her family being terrible customers!!

You know, I agree with your DM's attitude about the service she received at WPE. It's really unacceptable for someone in customer service to behave that way! But I totally would have been embarrassed about her saying something, just like DH was. I can totally see both sides!!

You look great! Hope you are feeling good too. :goodvibes

So big and roomy! Definitely the largest one bedroom we’ve stayed in by far. When I had booked this, DH wasn’t at all interested in staying at this resort. But we had no choice, this was the only resort available for that night, understandably. He likes the newer resorts, of course. But when he actually got settled in and started relaxing, he realized how comfortable it was and said something like, we need to come back here again. Shocking! And for the points you use, it’s nothing compared to VGF or Poly!
That does look like an incredibly spacious room. It kinda makes sense of the whole "welcome home" DVC thing - you could totally live there and not feel like you're in a hotel room.

Now, DH’s argument is that DM should have never complained to the manager in the first place (we’re definitely similar in that we don’t like to make a fuss about things) and that maybe that was the last complaint that got her fired. DM’s argument was that she’s in the Customer Service business and it’s her job to at least be courteous and helpful to the customers. Totally get it.
I can see both sides. I'm very non-confrontational, in general. However, if I think I've been wronged (to a large enough degree), I make a fuss about it (well, if Dug hasn't already done so for me...he's got a bit shorter fuse for bad service).

DM says to DH, “What are you deaf?” Turns out, she was.…:headache::scared1::eek:
:eek:

Olivia's is one of the WDW restaurants I've never made it to, but I've heard good things. Someday I'll get there! Looked like a good meal.

Yes. You DO get more ballsy the older you get. :rotfl2:

Great family picture at Easter. And you look fantastic!
What an awesome room at OKW and delicious looking meal.

Wanted to share a quick photo from our Easter and to show how large I have gotten from this TR to now. Quite the difference!

Cool! Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out!

At one point during the meal DH whispers, “This large table next to me is giving our waitress a hard time.” Kind of hard to believe because she was awesome, but after she came to take our plates away and order dessert, she said, “Sorry for the wait, that’s my family over there and they’re the worst customers!”

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Long story short, DH and DM (I was at the park already!) were eating breakfast at La Brea Bakery in DTD at Disneyland, my DM was trying to get the waitresses attention by saying excuse me multiple times and she walked on past her every time like the waitress was ignoring her. DM says to DH, “What are you deaf?” Turns out, she was.…:headache::scared1::eek:

:eek: Oh man. So awkward...:rotfl:

Dessert came during that discussion so, “Everyone shut up and eat!”

Story checks out.:thumbsup2

Ahhhhh! Alicia! I'm so sorry! I fell so far behind! Stupid real life! :headache: But I will get caught up as soon as I can! I did just speed read your OKW bit, I'm so happy you liked it! It's my home from home at WDW!! :thumbsup2

I saw that Easter photo of you and your family on Facebook and gurl you looks so amazing! And your boys are super cute! Even the one we can't see yet! :laughing:

Okay! I'll get caught up! ::yes::

illbebackgif.gif

You look fantastic!! What a perfect little bump :) And a beautiful family. I hope y'all had a wonderful Easter!

WOW, that room does look pretty huge! OKW never appealed to me either, but this is really the first TR I have seen with pics of the units. If we ever rented DVC points again, I would definitely look into that as an option!

Glad your meal went well. It's always so nice when you get good service and good meal suggestions from the waitstaff. I lol'd at her family being terrible customers!!

You know, I agree with your DM's attitude about the service she received at WPE. It's really unacceptable for someone in customer service to behave that way! But I totally would have been embarrassed about her saying something, just like DH was. I can totally see both sides!!

Thank you! I decided months ago that I wanted to host Easter at my house and as the date got closer I was like, "Big mistake!" :rotfl2:I was so exhausted at the end of it!

You've GOT to give OKW a chance if you ever decide to rent points one day! It really is spectacular and the space is perfect. I really do see us staying there more often now especially since we'll be adding an additional guest to our list :goodvibes

I'm sure i'd give my son/daughter a hard time when they were serving me too, but i'd be sure to leave a good tip!

I can totally see both sides too! Agh, I just wish DM would tone it down a bit :laughing:

You look great! Hope you are feeling good too. :goodvibes

Aside from the braxton hicks and my rib, i'm doing pretty good! :)

That does look like an incredibly spacious room. It kinda makes sense of the whole "welcome home" DVC thing - you could totally live there and not feel like you're in a hotel room.

Exactly! But I do sometimes wish I had the perks of being in a hotel room, like having someone clean up after me :laughing:

I can see both sides. I'm very non-confrontational, in general. However, if I think I've been wronged (to a large enough degree), I make a fuss about it (well, if Dug hasn't already done so for me...he's got a bit shorter fuse for bad service).

It really takes a lot for me to speak up and say something. Most of the time I just don't cause I feel it will put me in a bad/sad mood. DH is kind of like Dug, he's not afraid to speak to our waiter if his food is wrong and i'm thinking, "I'm not going to say anything cause I don't want spit in my food!"

Yep. I'm sooooo glad I wasn't there! I would have been so embarrassed too!

Olivia's is one of the WDW restaurants I've never made it to, but I've heard good things. Someday I'll get there! Looked like a good meal.

You've definitely got to get to Olivia's! I think you would enjoy it!
Yes. You DO get more ballsy the older you get. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the validation! Now I don't want to get older :rotfl2:(and my birthday is tomorrow so it looks like I have no choice! :lmao:)

Great family picture at Easter. And you look fantastic!
What an awesome room at OKW and delicious looking meal.

Thank you I wanted to post something of the family not in Disney attire, which is a rarity!

Cool! Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out!

Thanks Mark, me too!

I can TOTALLY see you giving your kids a hard time if they were servers too, let's be honest! :laughing:

:eek: Oh man. So awkward...:rotfl:

DH was so excited to tell me the story when they finally met back up with our group :lmao: But geez, super super awkward and i'm so glad I wasn't there!

Story checks out.:thumbsup2

Absolutely ::yes::

Ahhhhh! Alicia! I'm so sorry! I fell so far behind! Stupid real life! :headache: But I will get caught up as soon as I can! I did just speed read your OKW bit, I'm so happy you liked it! It's my home from home at WDW!! :thumbsup2

I saw that Easter photo of you and your family on Facebook and gurl you looks so amazing! And your boys are super cute! Even the one we can't see yet! :laughing:

Okay! I'll get caught up! ::yes::

illbebackgif.gif

Aw my Lu! :hug: I'm all too familiar with this thing called Life, no worries!

I wish we had stayed at OKW sooner! Way better than SSR, IMO!

After moving house and having no wifi for a few weeks I have missed out on your whole TR so far... but all caught up now!
Despite the set backs it sounds like a fun start to the trip, I stayed at OKW in 2002 and remember loving the style of the rooms and having a fantastic meal at Olivia's.. must go back there after reading your review!
So glad to hear your DH plays PS4 still.. my DH does too (in our new house we have a room just for my piano and his computer games :rotfl:!) .. you are a very good wife letting him taking it on most trips ;)

Hope DS is doing better now, we did a child first aid class when I was pregnant and they covered seizures.. Can't imagine what that was like for you xx

Your bump is perfect and I hope all is going well with pregnancy.. Only a few weeks to go now!

Emma xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter