New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

Woohoo-I realized last night I am no longer hungry in the evening. I think it’s because I am making an effort to eat enough protein with meals and two vegetables with dinner.

Woohoo-warmer weather the next few days.

Woohoo-got another box packed up to set aside for storage or moving.

Every single one of my grandmother's dinners included meat, potatoes and two vegetables. Don't think she'd ever heard of rice or pasta!

Wahoo I was asked to be an official mentor at work to a new employee. Double wahoo I'll get paid!!!

Wahoo I just chatted with my parents on the phone.

Wahoo I just ate some carrots when I really wanted chocolate. Think I may have to make a cup of tea, though, to keep that craving at bay!

Wahoo yesterday at work we organized a little drop in for fun hour and it was successful. Wahoo I also now know who my secret Valentine will be so I can get busy gathering fun stuff for her.

Answering my own question - I definitely find it harder. I overeat when I'm bored or tired, and both of those things are happening more lately amid the mountains of snow and early sunsets.

me too. Trying to deal with chronic fatigue is not helping as first I need to learn to do less and rest more and if I do that, I am bored and not used to it. Second if I am busy & happy I get really bad tiredness.

WOOHOO! I lost 12 pounds in the month of January!

WOOHOO! I quickly got back on track after a weekend of basically taking a break from NOOM.

WOOHOO! This week which has been a real challenge (a student removed from his mother by DCF; various parents going after other parents; more training dumped on teachers during week of doing report cards; too much pressure to be perfect in the middle of a pandemic) is coming to an end, t
hank God.

View attachment 644146

It's Thankful Thursday!
What are the positives in your day today?

Yesterday the freezing rain held off or might not have even happened here. I get to work from home again today even though it is my normal day in the office. They kids are off of school and we were notified early yesterday so they were able to sleep in.

The snow is not bad yet and roads seem to be ok. Should get worse as the day goes on. They are still saying 8-12 inches here and people are acting like it is the end of the world. We got this much 2 weeks again and it came in 6 hours instead of 24-48 hours with this storm. It wasn't the end of the world then so I don't know why people are freaking out so much this time. Roads will be cleared at the latest Friday mid-day. SO really just one day maybe 2 to hang out at home.

I was able to get everything I wanted except bagel bites (DD wanted them for lunch today) yesterday. The stores were nuts here. People will be eating a lot of bread, chicken nuggets, frozen appetizers/snacks and frozen breakfast food. This stuff was pretty much gone in the 2 stores I went too. I didn't go to stock up on stuff. I went because I was out of syrup and to pick up stuff to make homemade pizza tomorrow (this is an every Friday thing). We just didn't want to have to go out on Friday to get it. I did pick up some snacks while I was out because I just felt like in the snacking mood.

I'm thankful I'm feeling better and that this has been a better week work wise... and the two probably go hand-in-hand.

I'm thankful to have vacation to look forward to, I'm finally getting in to the mood. I've bought a lot of new clothing and I think I've got everything covered now, except possibly a shacket. This week I've seen days in the mid-60's in the Orlando forecast, so feel like I need something a little extra to throw on now and then, other than my rain jacket.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm thankful it isn't worst than it is.

I had a eye appt Friday for a diabetic eye check up and I'm thankful I Googled and read about what is involved. First, yew, then you can't drive yourself home afterwards. I don't have anyone to drive me and I'm not interested in paying for Uber, since I'm not actually diabetic and this was just precautionary so I canceled the appointment.

Thankful I decided to make my health a priority this month and I’m down 5lbs because I could have easily gained 5lbs.

Thankful I did my errands yesterday because it’s cold and rainy today.

And thankful we’re not getting snow Monday because I have book club Tuesday!

I am thankful that for me, this week is over. I made an executive decision to take a mental health day tomorrow in the form of an emergency personal day. This week has been too much. Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

I am thankful and absolutely thrilled that we heard from the owners of the Cape Cod hotel where I stayed my entire childhood and young adulthood. Their beachfront rooms fill up with return visitors every January for the summer months, and because it's been several years since we have gone, we were waitlisted. Today I got the email that they had two rooms for us right on Cape Cod Bay!!! I am beyond excited. I even started crying reminiscing with the owner's daughter.

I am thankful that for me, this week is over. I made an executive decision to take a mental health day tomorrow in the form of an emergency personal day. This week has been too much. Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

I am thankful and absolutely thrilled that we heard from the owners of the Cape Cod hotel where I stayed my entire childhood and young adulthood. Their beachfront rooms fill up with return visitors every January for the summer months, and because it's been several years since we have gone, we were waitlisted. Today I got the email that they had two rooms for us right on Cape Cod Bay!!! I am beyond excited. I even started crying reminiscing with the owner's daughter.
Sounds wonderful!

Thankful that tomorrow is Friday! I'm really looking forward to my tea with breakfast on Saturday.

Thankful DH is doing the dishes right now. Love that he does that every night!

Thankful for fig newtons. I was craving a sweet, ate two and now am a happy camper.
I forget about Fig Newtons-they make a great snack. Thanks for the reminder!

Yesterday, DH joked with me asking if I was ok because I was working in my PJ's and eating cookie dough. It was funny. But as the day went I recognized that I was slipping back into the bad spot I was in a year ago being locked down. After I finally got it together last year, DH told me that he was worried about me and didn't know how to bring it up to me or help me. So last night I talked with him to make sure I wasn't as bad as I was. I am not and he didn't think so either. We both talked about being drained by the time we get off of work and neither of want to do anything. The treadmill has not been touched in 2 weeks. We both know what we need to do and will help each other get back on track. The treadmill/exercise really helped me last year. DH really likes to be outside. That will have to wait a bit as there is just too much snow right now but he can get on the treadmill. So we are both looking forward to a better week.

We didn't get as much snow as they were predicting. At about midnight we were at about 7 inches and it was tapering off since then. At most I think we got about 9 which is the lower end of the last prediction they gave. Thankfully we didn't get the 2 feet + they were predicting at first. School is closed again today as they road crews and the schools were not able to keep up. Roads here should be good by midday today. Then we are supposed to get warm temps of 35 - 40 starting Sunday for most of next week. Yay!!! We should get rid of most of our snow by the end of next week.

I lucked out with a snow day today because of impending freezing rain and a drastic drop in temperatures. So I get my mental health day without using a personal day. This day helps out with the timing of our 100th day of school. It was going to be on Valentines Day, but now it will be the day after. I have so much planned for both days including specific outfits. It would have been really hard to fit in all of the fun thematic activities in one day. So I am happy about that.

I put the vacation deposit check in the mail which makes it all the more real. I’m so excited to make new memories while revisiting the old ones. It’s very motivating for me to continue working hard at losing weight so I can look better, feel better, and enjoy vacation even more. This is the resort where we are staying on Cape Cod Bay.
B6E7AC7B-9DB0-4C0C-BFCA-236FF889437B.jpeg

Happy Friday everyone. This has been a better week for me and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. The weather is supposed to be pretty good, for mid-winter, and I have more energy to get out in to it.

I spent time yesterday going back over my trip plans and changed one of my reservations, I'm going to try Coral Reef for the first time as their menu aligns pretty well with my allergy restrictions. I think I'm going to cancel Tusker House, just not that excited about it and I think I'll be hoping to EPCOT that evening and would like to stop in at Spice Road, but I'm hanging on to the TH reservation for now. Was talking to my counselor about the trip yesterday, and it being the first trip where I fully I know about my neuro-divergence. WDW hits all the senses, which I'm looking forward to, but I'm also planning on being very intentional about breaks and quiet times.

I have very few meetings today, halleluiah for that, so it should be a calm pace with the space and time to think about things in addition to getting things done... what a treat being able to think is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter