New WL bus going to MK begining March 8th

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Tyler just posted on the Transportation board that WL will now have a bus going to MK beginning tomorrow. I thought this might be helpful for those of you who use ECV's and can't always take the boat to MK.
Here is a quote from his post:

Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness Transportation Update (It's finally happening)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the test route is finally happening. As of Tuesday March 8th, 2005, the following changes will be made to the Fort Wilderness & Wilderness Lodge transportation lineup:

1.) There will no longer be service to/from the Transportation & Ticket Center to the Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness. The bus will still go from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge and back, but it will not be going to the TTC anymore.

2.) From Wilderness Lodge only, there will be a DIRECT bus to the Magic Kingdom. This bus will run about every 15 minutes during normal MK bus service hours.

Boat service will not change.

As with all test routes, THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.

That's good. The one time we did stay at VWL, the boats were not accessible (it didn't stop us, we lifted DD in her wheelchair into the boat before the CMs realized what we were doing). But, when I asked at the desk, the only option was the bus to TTC and then take monorail or boat to MK.

WL is our favorite resort. When we saw the sign that it wasn't wheelchair accessible, I thought that would make families stay away from this beautiful resort. I'm glad things are changing! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter