• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

new with a couple of questions!

tallym

Mouseketeer
Hi! :goodvibes I have been lurking on here for a couple of months and have learnt so much for my forthcoming trip..so a big thanks to everyone. :)
Iam a 32 yr old mum taking my dd to dlp on april 22 till 24th for her 5th birthday. :cheer2:
Coming with us is my mum and sis and we are booked into the sequoia in a montana room.
I absolutely can't wait ...this board has gotten me so excited but also slightly worried as I want to get the most out of the short time we have there for my dd!
Two questions i can think of right now, (iam sure there will be more later)
1) What are the crowds like on those dates, I know that the uk schools are NOT on holiday then but what about the french? I can't understand the table that someone posted as there are different zones.
2)Has anyone had a birthday tea in plaza garden? and as I think it is at 4pm will I be able to watch the parade at all from this retaurant?

Any other hints and tips for making it a special trip for a birthday girl welcome :Pinkbounc :wizard:

Hi and welcome!
Can only help with the 1st question-it looks like all the french schools are on holiday when you go so it will be busy.However I would chose which rides/attractions you and your party would really like to do and focus on those first.You will probably want to spend quite a lot of time in Fantasyland which has rides aimed at your dds age and it gets very busy.
If you can book a breakfast in Fantasyland you will be first on all the rides in that area which might help.I don't think you have to pay extra but it gets booked up quickly.
Good choice of hotel-we had a great time at Sequoia Lodge!

Guess it will be not that crwoded cause IMHO no one has holidays by this time.

You cant see the Parade from the part of the Plaza Garden where the Birthday Party is held.

Perhaps your daughrer would love a character breakfast at her birthday. It a surcharge of17€ adult and 12€ child. Or go to the early Fantasylandbreakfast ( ask at checkin ) and do a lot of rides at Dumbo or Peter Pan before Park opening.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Have just checked the thread about school holiday dates which state that zone A schools are off from 16th April to 2nd May
zone B schools off from 9th April to 25 April
zone C schools off from 23rd april to 9th May.
hope that makes sense.

We had a birthday tea last November for my DD's 4th birthday and she loved it. You get a really gooey chocolate cake and a bag of Disney goodies. She got a cuddly Mickey which sings Happy Birthday, a hat and a Birthday card which all the characters which are there sign. They play a really catchy birthday song as they're giving the cakes out and a character stands by the birthday child's table (there were lots of birthdays when we had ours) clapping while they blow the candles out.

It's an all you can buffet of rolls, croissants cakes and pastries and drinks including coffee. Well worth the money in my opinion. Our one finished at 3.30pm so we watched the parade afterwards.

Joanne

thanks ! :flower:
I have booked a character breakfast but it is at 9.30am in walts. So we won't be hitting the rides till after 10am on the saturday. :rolleyes:
My sis flat refused to do the 8am breakfast.. I think I should tell her about this board so she can get a bit more disney spirit :wizard:
I have also booked the birthday tea at 4pm which again is characters and cakes and pastries AND I have booked inventions character buffet for 8pm that evening with a birthday cake to be brought out for dd. :cheer2:

So I have defo ensured dd will get her fill of characters I hope! :Pinkbounc
AND we will all be a stone heavier by the end of the day :rotfl:

Your right though...we will be staying around fantasyland mostly for dd! And the parades are a must! so we will have to catch the parade on the Friday at 4pm!

tallym said:

:rotfl2:Who cares !!!:confused3 So long as your DD has a fantastic birthday:bday: and the rest of you all enjoy the day too!:goodvibes

Hello and welcome!

It sounds like you have some fun things planned :)

Bet you are very excited now!! :goodvibes

Karen

Hi and welcome.
I'd make a stop at the first shop and buy autograph book and thick pen.
Then watch your daughter have fun collecting character autographs. :)

Reid

Thanks guys :cool1:
I was wondering where I would buy an autograph book..I guess they must be in all the shops though.
Also hope the weather is quite good as Iam hoping to put dd in her snow white costume princess:
And for inventions meal she will be wearing a princess costume that hopefully i will purchase that day. :banana:

tallym said:

Totally worth it at Disney! But it may not happen- don't underestimate the amounts of walking you'll be doing! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter