New wdw offer for Disneyplus subscribers coming soon

wdwmom3

DIS Veteran
Haven’t seen this posted sorry if it has and I missed it. But wanted to let everyone know that Disney will be releasing a wdw offer for Disney plus subscribers on Jan 3rd. Details will be available to travel agents on the 2nd, however not sure if the details can be “shared” then or not.

Yes, there is a thread "Disney+ Subscriber Discount Coming January 3, 2024" on the Disney Discount Codes and Rates forum.

On the other thread they talk about a link for Disney+ Subscribers. When I click on the link I think I'm supposed to see the Coming January 3rd teaser. I just get directed to my Disney+ account. I can't find anything about the January 3rd offer.

Is there something different for those of us in Canada? I set up my Disney + account late November so that could be impacting things as well. Canadian advice? Or like @Donald - my hero said in another thread will it automatically pop up when I log into my reservation on January 3rd?

Want to get all my ducks in a row.

On the other thread they talk about a link for Disney+ Subscribers. When I click on the link I think I'm supposed to see the Coming January 3rd teaser. I just get directed to my Disney+ account. I can't find anything about the January 3rd offer.

Is there something different for those of us in Canada? I set up my Disney + account late November so that could be impacting things as well. Canadian advice? Or like @Donald - my hero said in another thread will it automatically pop up when I log into my reservation on January 3rd?

Want to get all my ducks in a row.
I'm in the US and don't have any link. You won't see anything until the discount is launched. If you have Disney+ and it's linked to your MDE account, when the start of the discount is announced and it's bookable, you should see it under the special offers section of the Disney booking site.

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked my Disney account and the Disney+ membership in showing under my profile so I should be good to go. Now I just need to wait until January 3.

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked my Disney account and the Disney+ membership in showing under my profile so I should be good to go. Now I just need to wait until January 3.
Hope it works for you!!! I am going to check, too. I have a bounce back reservation booked at the WL with the 35% discount. I don't think D+ will be more, but I will check!

Thanks for this! I was planning to cancel our membership after the holidays, since we don’t have time to watch as much as we used to. But I don’t think we will cancel just yet!

anyone know how it works if your Disney + email and your email for your other disney acounmts are difrent?
You will need to call Disney and get this sorted out before you are able to get the discount. The accounts need to be linked to the same email address for at least one person on the reservation. So if the Disney + is in your name and your email address then you can make the resort reservation and get the discount BUT if you want to make the reservation from a different account, maybe your kid, that won't work.

You will need to call Disney and get this sorted out before you are able to get the discount.
I suggest this is done today. I'm hearing strong rumours of a Free Dining drop tomorrow Wed January 3rd. Possibly they will offer more dates or better offer to Disney+ subscribers first as there was a pr release a month or so ago for subscribers to watch for a special offer in the early new year. I just resubscribed for a month this morning and checked that my subscription is listed in my accounts and affiliations page on my disney experience. I'll be up early by 5:30am tomorrow to see if FD drops. I'm not sure if I have to resubscribe to Disney+ again later for the month of my actual travel as I don't intend to carry the subscription every month until next September. But I'll sort that out later. At least I have my foot in the door for tomorrow or possibly later this week. I think the dining card offer dropped last year on January 5. So offers really look to be ready to go this week.

Edited to add: sorry about the repeat of info. That's what happens when I don't read the OP's post carefully and don't read the whole thread before posting :oops:

Divided on whether Free Dining counter service at AS resort really better for me than keeping my 25% off bounceback offer at AS Sports. I crunched the numbers and after buying required park hopper for the offer but factoring in the snack credits for F&W, then comparing to my receipts for oop food and drink from my last trip, I pay approx $140 US more for free dining than the bounceback offer with oop food and drink. Food prices have increased since my Sept trip so I should factor that in. I also ordered the less or least $ oop food choices at counter service and skipped some meals and ordered kids' meals on occasion. I didn't order booze with my lunch and would have that extra drink with free dining. Rarely use park hopper. I'm a party of one. If I had others in the room then free dining at a value resort a clear winner. I'm going to sleep on it and decide tomorrow morning. I can break some counter service credits into 3 snack credits at some F&W kiosks so that's a plus. Also some excellent $ counter service food at Disney Springs that I wouldn't splurge on if paying oop. Like Polite Pig, new EET, etc. Decisions. But if really less than $150 US difference, then leaning toward free dining offer.

This sounds like a great deal for me but I hope I’m eligible. I bought my package back in June for resort and park tickets with hoppers. Then the discount came out for Canadians and the agent I worked with wasn’t able to secure them, something about Canadians being Canadian. She refunded the ticket portion and I bought my tickets through a Canadian agent. I will have to pickup at the park when I’m there because they are not digital. So weird, but a discount is a discount and this was a big one; especially with the xe.
I do have my resort booked, my hopper tickets are paid, I have D+. Will I be eligible?

Aren’t they taking away 1 QS is 3 snacks with the new version of the dining plan?
Thank you for letting me know. While not critical for me, it was still a very good perk. I just checked the plan disney website and looks like this swap has been eliminated with the dining plan.

Aren’t they taking away 1 QS is 3 snacks with the new version of the dining plan?
Correct, you can no longer convert QS credits to snack credits. And you cannot use a TS credit to buy a meal for someone not on the DP. I am not converting my reservation. The 35% off room is a better deal for us, since it's only two. We don't need park hoppers and would not eat enough to make it worthwhile. We had the $1500 dining credit last year and didn't spend all of it over 10 nights and we ate plenty and where we wanted, TS included. We ended up buying snacks and cupcakes for a bunch of strangers at Roaring Forks on our last day. I don't want a TS meal every day, too much hassle to try and make reservations (good luck with ADR's now) and to get to reservations. The food at Disney, overall, is mediocre - it will be worse now with free dining. We had a TS dining plan once before and said we would not do it again, even free (because nothing is really free). I would consider it if we could use some TS meal credits for guests, but it's no longer allowed. I'm happy it's being offered for those who have been waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter